Set icons of files

How do I go about doing this? Could I use the resourcefork class from here: http://www.tempel.org/rb/#rsrc? Or should I buy the MBS plugins? I can see they offer this. I basically want to set the icons of certain applications and even set the window’s titlebar icon. How would I go about changing the titlebar icon as well as the actual file’s icon.

Thanks

You want to alter the icons used by other applications and the documents associated with those applications ?
Is that correct ?

Mac? Win? Linux?
Do you want to apply an icon to a file type in general or to a special file as custom icon?
Or to a window?

[quote=54293:@Norman Palardy]You want to alter the icons used by other applications and the documents associated with those applications ?
Is that correct ?[/quote]
Yes. Win, Mac and Linux. I want to support as many files types as I can. Yes, I would like to apply it to a window as well as the actual file’s icon.

Thankyou

we have plugin methods like Window.SetWindowIconMBS which may help.

I use Christian’s Icon class with most of my projects and it’s very fast in retrieving the icons on all platforms. Even updating the RowPicture for 1,00’s for entries in a listbox added no noticeable delays for me.

Thanks, sounds great.