Selected text, with menu click, disappears

I think this is a windows problem, or maybe my new Win7. I don’t have my apple - it’s in the shop. When I select text and click on a menu item, the selected text (SelLength, etc) disappears literally back to zero. It used to work fine for 5 years. I need a workaround and I’m not sure if properties will work. It might be a bug.
Any thoughts?

Hello Arthur,

I tried to replicate this issue on my Windows 8, Xojo 2012 r2 machine, and it worked (no deleting happened). Similarly, no issues with my Windows 8 machine.

I attempted to recreate this with a pushbutton.action method in a desktop application.

Sincerely,

Eugene

Thank you. I guess I have several new bugs with this machine. I posted a definite bug with the Korean language that suddenly appeared. Maybe it’s Win 7 64 bit Ultimate working with 32 bit. Whatever. Is yours 64 bit?
It definitely goes to 0. I go to the control and it should have something in SelLength but it’s 0. Any suggestions from anybody for workarounds.

Helo Arthur,

It definitely sounds like a bug. Both of the operating systems that this was tried are 64 bit. Please file a feedback report with the steps used to create it. This will create a record for the Xojo team to take a look at the issue.

Sincerely,

Eugene

Thanks. Will do.
Later addition. Found my ‘bug’. In lostfocus I have selstart and sellength set to 0. A menuitem shouldn’t be setting of lostfocus - right?