searchField and keydown etc

I am not fully sure, Carlo, but it looks to me like the bezelstyle draws only in that height. I tried to modify – I think it was Jim’s – NSSearchField but this is what comes out:

I think you would indeed need a custom bezel draw routine (but again, not fully sure, maybe someone else here knows how to influence the system’s bezel routine).

[quote=203429:@Ulrich Bogun]I am not fully sure, Carlo, but it looks to me like the bezelstyle draws only in that height. I tried to modify – I think it was Jim’s – NSSearchField but this is what comes out:

I think you would indeed need a custom bezel draw routine (but again, not fully sure, maybe someone else here knows how to influence the system’s bezel routine).[/quote]

Bezel style for buttons, combobox, popupmenu and textfields prevent any vertical resize. I tried every way I could to no avail.

The only way to get a higher popupmenu, for instance, is to chose non bezel. Then it resizes nicely but rounded corners are gone.

Thanks for stopping the endless scrolldown with your reply, Michel!

In that case, you could address the CALayer of the view (or create one first on OS X) and set its cornerRadius, borderWidth and Bordercolor – or attach a (resizable) background image to mimic the focusRing.

[quote=203437:@Ulrich Bogun]Thanks for stopping the endless scrolldown with your reply, Michel!

In that case, you could address the CALayer of the view (or create one first on OS X) and set its cornerRadius, borderWidth and Bordercolor – or attach a (resizable) background image to mimic the focusRing.[/quote]

You are going way beyond my league with a CALayer ! Though I am sure you can do magic with all those under the hood settings :slight_smile:

Wasn’t it Sam who wrote some brillant articles on Cocoa and CoreGraphics in XDev? Digging into this stuff is absolutely worth it.

I recently started a small series on advanced OS X/iOS graphics on my blog (in that case about CGContext), and views, layers and how Apple handles the different image classes should follow in the future. But it’s only in German, so it probably won’t help you that much. But the basics are really not that complicated. If you are interested, just tell me and I’ll try to share my dangerous smattering.

[quote]I am not fully sure, Carlo, but it looks to me like the bezelstyle draws only in that height. I tried to modify – I think it was Jim’s – NSSearchField but this is what comes out:
I think you would indeed need a custom bezel draw routine (but again, not fully sure, maybe someone else here knows how to influence the system’s bezel routine).[/quote]

Yes, I’m pretty sure there is nothing to do: once bezeled, some controls’ heigh cannot be changed.