scrolling WebListbox issues on mobile

I have a WE app that I am creating for some friends. The app determines if you are “mobile” or “desktop” and displays WebPages based on that. Works great, have used the code in other apps. On the “desktop” version, the main page that lists “players” (for a game the are managing), if the list if longer than the screen, it scrolls it off and I can scroll up/down. Just like a desktop app. awesome.

The “mobile” version of the page has a smiler listbox but it is a lot smaller since the screen real-estate isn’t there. If I get more then ~10 row (depends on which phone I am using), the rows scroll off the screen like normal but I can’t scroll the listbox up/down to see them. And this is driving me nuts. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

I’m confused, are you saying you can’t scroll the listbox, or the screen?

[quote=192261:@scott boss]The “mobile” version of the page has a smiler listbox but it is a lot smaller since the screen real-estate isn’t there. If I get more then ~10 row (depends on which phone I am using), the rows scroll off the screen like normal but I can’t scroll the listbox up/down to see them. And this is driving me nuts. What am I doing wrong?
[/quote]

I vaguely remember reading something about issues with WebListBox on mobile but can’t find it in Feedback.

Scroll works fine here under iOS, but in Android it is not smooth at all and moves by leaps and bounds. But it does scroll.

A possible workaround is to make the ListBox as long as it takes to show all rows, and set the WebPage MinHeight to that value+ListBox.Top. Then the page scrolls instead of the ListBox. I checked that under Android, it scrolls smooth as silk. Even if the page design is kind of unusual.

Another workaround would be to place that long WebListBox onto a page by itself, and display it with an HTMLViewer. But then it becomes necessary to access the app twice with a parameter to show that page, and to find a way to display the appropriate content for your current session, since it will belong to another. It is way more involved.

At any rate, looks like a bug report is in order.

Make sure that the minimum size of the webpage is <= page width/height. If they’re not, the listbox will actually be larger than the screen

I don’t understand. You mean ‘the ListBox is <= page width/height.’ right ?

Of course.

[quote=192368:@Michel Bujardet]I don’t understand. You mean ‘the ListBox is <= page width/height.’ right ?

Of course.[/quote]
No. Make sure the webpage min size is less than the device screen size.

If you’ll be simply putting a listbox on the page, make the WebPage min size 300x300, and put a listbox on the page, locked to all four sides. That way it will fill the whole screen and not go over.

[quote=192369:@Greg O’Lone]No. Make sure the webpage min size is less than the device screen size.

If you’ll be simply putting a listbox on the page, make the WebPage min size 300x300, and put a listbox on the page, locked to all four sides. That way it will fill the whole screen and not go over.[/quote]

You did not get what I meant in my last paragraph. Scroll is more or less unusable for a WebListBox under Android. So the possible workaround is to have a long page, as long as the listbox total number or rows, where the user can scroll. So minHeight has to be the size of the long listBox. As I said, it is unusual, but it does scroll much better than the listbox itself.

No need to lock it along width.

can not scroll the listbox.

[quote=192369:@Greg O’Lone]No. Make sure the webpage min size is less than the device screen size.

If you’ll be simply putting a listbox on the page, make the WebPage min size 300x300, and put a listbox on the page, locked to all four sides. That way it will fill the whole screen and not go over.[/quote]

I have changed the min sizes to 200x200 and am recompiling the app for deployment as I respond to this. will advise one I test.