Sascha is MAS Xojo Master. Congrats!

Congrats to @Sascha S for another MAS release. You deserve to write an XDEV article!
Haven’t uploaded any other MAS app ( took more than development ), and I don’t know how things has evolved since those times. I have some crazy projects I want to upload, do an upgrade to my existing…, but what really don’t know is how Xojo MAS apps has evolved since I did my QR Creator test. Are they easier to deploy now?

Thankfully I have MBS this year and I know it helped me a lot with QR Creator. I did a crazy App this weekend I would like to share in MAS. BTW, @Geoff Perlman is there any way open source class for an about Xojo made App?

Also @Paul Lefebvre I think this would be one amazing webinar!

Happy new 2016 all ( I took a looong holiday… )

Amando

For most people it got easier with tools like AppWrapper where you drop your app to add required stuff and create the signed app package.

Agreed. It’s perfectly possible to do it without AppWrapper but why bother? If you use AppWrapper or similar tool, then any difficulties that might arise are probably not Xojo-related, they’re likely to be just the usual irks of getting something into the App Store - provisioning profiles, certificates, all that good stuff.

Oh, I did my app always without wrapper as I wrote myself a shell script to do the steps.
But that is not what everyone likes.

I am not masochistic. App Wrapper is a bargain for what it does. Last week I updated an app, as well as posted a new one, and never had anything more to do than throw the executable into it, and launch Application Loader.

Just reading the Apple doc about code signing gives me a huge headache !

Thank all for your replies. Yeah, I used App Wrapper Mini at that time, then upgraded App Wrapper. Finally I got the latest App Wrapper from @Sam Rowlands, just I still haven’t opened it yet! :-!

Apple upload process took most of my time and I still haven’t found any tutorial of how to submit fast an application for approval. Anyone know a blog that makes it’s easy to follow?

I would like to release it free, and charge only for advanced uses as it’s really a crazy application, just for fun. Does MBS handle well In App purchases?

For MAS I understand MBS and App Wrapper are really useful and worth, so it’s in the requirements list :slight_smile:

Sorry, I reread today and I meant an official Xojo “Made with Xojo” dialog/class we all can use and have it ready in no time. I want to promote it’s done in Xojo.

Thanks all!
Amando

QR Creator … interesting. Did you dig into the licenses for creating a QR app? From what I know it is pretty expensive.
I also know some QR creator apps (and devs who made them) are now gone because of the high licenses needed for such app.
It seems when you ignore the licenses, big fines can be expected. :confused:

BTW it also applies to several other barcodes.

Well, how about we celebrate this with a beer at the Contel Hotel bar on the Xojo conference in May?

[quote=242024:@Christoph De Vocht]QR Creator … interesting. Did you dig into the licenses for creating a QR app? From what I know it is pretty expensive.
I also know some QR creator apps (and devs who made them) are now gone because of the high licenses needed for such app.

BTW it also applies to several other barcodes.[/quote]

Why would you think (or know) that you are required to license anything from anyone in order to write an APP the reads and/or creates QR codes?

QR Code patent is held by DENSO WAVE, and they have chosen to not enforce them

[quote=242024:@Christoph De Vocht]QR Creator … interesting. Did you dig into the licenses for creating a QR app? From what I know it is pretty expensive.

BTW it also applies to several other barcodes.[/quote]

Honestly I have no idea of this, but I’m worried about any legal issues. Can you kindly please elaborate? I though Apple 30% royalty covered what types of software they can sell, but it seems Apple is no longer Apple in case barcodes creator are subject to licenses or any other stuff. Really appreciate all your info Christoph

[quote=242025:@Christian Schmitz]Well, how about we celebrate this with a beer at the Contel Hotel bar on the Xojo conference in May?
[/quote]

Sigh! I wish I would be able to attend. It’s all about money… If I could, I would attend without doubt! :expressionless:

[quote=242028:@Dave S]Why would you think (or know) that you are required to license anything from anyone in order to write an APP the reads and/or creates QR codes?

QR Code patent is held by DENSO WAVE, and they have chosen to not enforce them

DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED has a number of patents on QR Code. (The following are examples).
Everyone can use the QR Code freely as long as following the standards for QR Codes in JIS or ISO. If you are contemplating uses of QR Codes that do not follow the standard, please consult with DENSO WAVE beforehand.[/quote]

I know two devs who got ‘burned’. They had to remove the iOS apps from the MAS.
If needed I can ask details but I do know they had very good reason to stop selling their apps because of QR licenses.
I also know they did ask Apple because there are CIFilters that can create QR images. From what I can recall, the Apple code did not cover the license fees.
Same when using AVFoundation to create MP4 files. They also do not cover any h264 fees. Thats up to the developer to get cleared (thats something I know from my own experience).

Sorry @Dave S, language barrier here. I haven’t understand if QR Creator is legal or not, from your message.

Thx
Amando

Again… I see NO WHERE that any license fees are required to create QR codes…

And yes, IF license fees for something are required, it is the developer who is responsible, not Apple

http://www.qrcode.com/en/faq.html
Second section covers license fees with QR codes (none.)

Maybe the license scheme changed?

BTW I have asked one of the devs about why he had to recall his QR app. When I have the answer, I let it know here.

Just to recover topic while QR Creator license…

Thank all for your replies. Yeah, I used App Wrapper Mini at that time, then upgraded App Wrapper. Finally I got the latest App Wrapper from @Sam Rowlands, just I still haven’t opened it yet! :-!

Apple upload process took most of my time and I still haven’t found any tutorial of how to submit fast an application for approval. Anyone know a blog that makes it’s easy to follow?

I would like to release it free, and charge only for advanced uses as it’s really a crazy application, just for fun. Does MBS handle well In App purchases?

For MAS I understand MBS and App Wrapper are really useful and worth, so it’s in the requirements list :slight_smile:

Sorry, I reread today and I meant an official Xojo “Made with Xojo” dialog/class we all can use and have it ready in no time. I want to promote it’s done in Xojo.

Thanks all!
Amando

[quote=242030:@Christoph De Vocht]I also know they did ask Apple because there are CIFilters that can create QR images. From what I can recall, the Apple code did not cover the license fees.
Same when using AVFoundation to create MP4 files. They also do not cover any h264 fees. Thats up to the developer to get cleared (thats something I know from my own experience).[/quote]
Yikes! Apple should document this; it’s so easy to use the CIFilters for making QRCodes! Thanks for letting us know as we were going to introduce this into at least one app, now we’ll double check the cost of licensing it.

Do you mean expedited review, where they can turn it around in under 24 hours, normally it takes 7~10 days to get into Review and then 5~10 mins in review.

In-App-Purchase can only be done via the MBS plugin (or another plugin). We’ve done it in 3 apps, and we’re still figuring out how to make it work. The idea behind it should work, but we’ve made more money from simply selling apps, than providing IAP.

The challenge is building the application so that it’s good enough for free, while still leaving enough reasons for people to want to shell out money. Each app is different, so it makes it harder.[quote=242064:@Amando Blasco]Sorry, I reread today and I meant an official Xojo “Made with Xojo” dialog/class we all can use and have it ready in no time. I want to promote it’s done in Xojo.[/quote]

There are official made with Xojo logos that you can download and attach to your about box. However I can’t find a link to it. Maybe @Norman Palardy can help?

[quote=242041:@Tim Parnell]http://www.qrcode.com/en/faq.html
Second section covers license fees with QR codes (none.)[/quote]
Snipped:

Pretty much what I said 3 days ago… :slight_smile: