SandBoxing during Debugging?

Can I do that? if so How?

I have AW Mini, sometime it works, sometime not.

Why do you want/need to do that?
Seems impractical to me.

That would be very welcome to test your app in sandbox circumstance.
I think AppWrapper 3 can do this (via scripting).

So that the system will put/use the Container folder, as it does when sandboxed.

[quote=168083:@Jim Smith]Can I do that? if so How?

I have AW Mini, sometime it works, sometime not.[/quote]
Yes you can and it should work reliably, when you say it doesn’t work reliably, can you check Activity Monitor to see if the application is Sandboxed or not.

[quote=168089:@Roger Clary]Why do you want/need to do that?
Seems impractical to me.[/quote]
This is the best way to debug Sandboxed applications, trying to debug them without this takes a lot longer. When we start new applications, we immediately link the project to App Wrapper (currently use version 3) so that even the first run is from a Sandboxed version of the application. Then we implement features and update the entitlements accordingly.

That is one of the big advantages of App Wrapper mini : being able to run in the IDE sandboxed.

It use to work. In Xojo version 2014R3.2 and 2015R1 App Wrapper mini does not work for me.

What I do is set up the AWm script, then add the script to the build and check Debug; then click ‘RUN’’; as soon as I do that the field: “File”, in the IDE become blank, debug runs non Sandboxed.

I think there a bug in the IDE. Would someone please check this out.

[quote=168367:@Jim Smith]It use to work. In Xojo version 2014R3.2 and 2015R1 App Wrapper mini does not work for me.

What I do is set up the AWm script, then add the script to the build and check Debug; then click ‘RUN’’; as soon as I do that the field: “File”, in the IDE become blank, debug runs non Sandboxed.

I think there a bug in the IDE. Would someone please check this out.[/quote]
I don’t know how mini does it, but with AW3 you’re supposed to add the build step as an external script and AW maintains it.

I’m using AWm with debug and AW3 with build. The way I’m using them they are set up a little different.

Found solution to debug-sandbox without using AWm using a Xojo script.

1. Edit read (edit) AWm file and copy source to clipboard.
  2. In Xojo IDE Insert Script in OS X Build Settings.
  3. Paste clipboard (script) into IDE.

App Wrapper Mini is a script.

As you have both, I would suggest using AW3. The script that AW3 generates, will handle debugging and then pass the built app into AW3 for final processing.

In the AW3 help, is a help article explaining how to use the script file it generates (there was/maybe still is a bug with Xojo, where the IDE would forget the external script files <https://xojo.com/issue/33217>).