Run/Build not available VMWare installation

I have a windows 10 machine with VMWare workstation12, OS X 10.10, Xojo 2016R3, and Xcode 8 installed. I check my licenses and XoJo looks OK. I checked the Docs and checked the " Xcode Preferences->Location tab " as specified. Still the Run / Build button is inactive. I am able to start the IOS simulator via Xcode directly but not Xojo. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? Thanks

If you are running OSX under a VM, then I would say all bets are off as to what apps, features or functions may or may not work (and not specific to Xojo)… Since OSX under a VM is in no way a supported enviornment… As the Apple Eula specifies only for use on Apple manfactured hardware.

Have you RUN Xcode on that VM ?
If not then the license agreement may not have been agreed to and so run / build will be disabled

I found the issue. The version of XCode I was downloading was not compatible with the version of OS X I was running. Now VMWare Workstation 12.5 Player and Xojo 2016R3 work fine with OS X Sierra and XCode 8.

What version(s) of OSX and Xcode 8 did NOT work together?
I am running OSX 10. (ElCap 10.11.6) with XCode 8 (8.0 8A218a) … which I believe is the same version for Sierra

[quote=289395:@Dave S]What version(s) of OSX and Xcode 8 did NOT work together?
I am running OSX 10. (ElCap 10.11.6) with XCode 8 (8.0 8A218a) … which I believe is the same version for Sierra[/quote]

Dave-
From the XCode 8.0 release notes: “Xcode 8 requires a Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12 or OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 or later”
I was running OS X Capitan 10.10 and Xcode 8.0 on my VMWare. So I upgraded to Sierra and things started working. I had not done that before because I am a noobie with VMWare and it took me a lot of effort to get the setup right. Looks like the effort was required.

Edit: Even though I had problems with the Run / Build in Xojo in my original configuration, each piece of software appeared to work individually, just not together.