Rubberview support

OK, I warned you that I am Xojo-stupid…

“Locate and open the “RubberViews Classes” folder.”

– what exactly do you mean by this? Find it with windows explorer ? get to it in a dos prompt? locate it with some sort of Xojo file–import-- dialog box? I know this is a super basic stupid question, but remember I am an (old) dos-unix guy, so “locate” can mean 50 different things to me :slight_smile:

“Inside, locate RubberViews.xojo_binary_window”

I have found RubberViews.xojo_binary_window in a directory… yes… its a file. I am looking at it in a dos shell, I see it…
Show dhould I be seeing it? what tool do you want me to use to “see it” Inside of what utility? File manager? or some Xojo menu?

“Drag it over the project pane, on the left of the IDE ; that will add it to the project”
Drag it using what tool? file manager? or some part of the xojo ide?

“Drag an instance from the newly added RubberViews over your window”
that I got working but only after i added rubberviews through file-import-class which I am sure
is not the right way to do it.

Sorry for the total idiot questions, problem is that I just do not know your exact terminology.
FWIW I did get ti to work by hook and by crook, and I love it!

Please show me how to install it the “right” way for future projects…

Open both projects (yours and RubberViews) in the Xojo IDE and drag or copy/paste the mentioned items from the navigator pane (the left pane of the IDE) of Rubberviews to the navigator pane of your project. Then proceed like Michel wrote.