Rotating Group2D with repositioning

How do I rotate a Group2D, where all of the contained Object2Ds are rotated relative to each other. So instead of it rotating each individual one without rotating the position, I want it to actually reposition the individual Object2Ds. How is this done?

Thanks

Bump. Is there anything wrong with the way I wrote my post? Thanks

Object2D rotation (be it Group or single object) is relative to the center of that object… So when you rotate a Group2D, it rotates it around the center of the GROUP, and each internal object stays relative to the group. If you want to rotate the members of the group around the group center, and also rotate each object around their own center, then you have to address each entity one at a time and apply the appropriate geometry

and “bumping” is (my opinion) rude, and not effective… sometime counter-effective…

[quote=150610:@Dave S]Object2D rotation (be it Group or single object) is relative to the center of that object… So when you rotate a Group2D, it rotates it around the center of the GROUP, and each internal object stays relative to the group. If you want to rotate the members of the group around the group center, and also rotate each object around their own center, then you have to address each entity one at a time and apply the appropriate geometry

and “bumping” is (my opinion) rude, and not effective… sometime counter-effective…[/quote]
Thanks. Sorry I was not trying to be rude. I was just wondering if I was explaining what I trying to achieve badly.

A bump only three hours after the original post is kind of pushy. Sometimes it is better to wait until the next day to see if someone reacted, and instead of a bump, add a post in conversation about where you are so far. What you have tried. Which ideas you have about how to proceed. It will help other people to start on that.

Sometimes, people simply never did what you want to do, or do not want to lead you into an untested dead end.

[quote=150771:@Michel Bujardet]A bump only three hours after the original post is kind of pushy. Sometimes it is better to wait until the next day to see if someone reacted, and instead of a bump, add a post in conversation about where you are so far. What you have tried. Which ideas you have about how to proceed. It will help other people to start on that.

Sometimes, people simply never did what you want to do, or do not want to lead you into an untested dead end.[/quote]
Fair enough. Thanks for the advice.

[quote=150610:@Dave S]Object2D rotation (be it Group or single object) is relative to the center of that object… So when you rotate a Group2D, it rotates it around the center of the GROUP, and each internal object stays relative to the group. If you want to rotate the members of the group around the group center, and also rotate each object around their own center, then you have to address each entity one at a time and apply the appropriate geometry

and “bumping” is (my opinion) rude, and not effective… sometime counter-effective…[/quote]
I’ve been searching for answers to this question and I am having trouble. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

Is this what you mean?

[code]//Canvas1
Sub Paint(g As Graphics, areas() As REALbasic.Rect)
g.ForeColor = &cFFFFFF
g.FillRect 0, 0, g.Width, g.Height

static grp As Group2D
if grp = nil then //only create on first pass
grp = new Group2D //create the group
dim blk1 As new RectShape //create and add block1
blk1.Width = 40
blk1.Height = 40
blk1.X = 100
blk1.FillColor = &c00FF00
grp.Append blk1
dim blk2 As new RectShape //create and add block1