Retrieve ODBC connection information

I’m using XOJO 2013.1 on windows. I’m writing a small connection details request form to allow connection to a Firebird 2.5.2 database using ODBC.
Form requests DSN, Username and Password.
If DSN is left blank Windows displays its built-in ODBC manager which then allows the user to select the required Datasource. This is then used to connect to the database.
This does work. However, only the database information is available from the ODBC connection component. The Datasource, Username and Password properties are empty even though the connection does open.
Where or how can I retrieve this information if it is not placed in the ODBC connection properties?

Hi Peter
I’m not shure I understoud your question and I’ m rather a beginner with xojo but
I curenntly use dsn to connect to Firebird_2_5
In Win7,when you build the dsn (after checking the connection of course) you erase the the name and password so that you will be requested this name and password when connecting from XOJO
Other: XOJO beeing a 32bits app. you have to build your dsn with odbcad32.exe (situated in c:/windows/syswow64/odbcad32.exe)
I hope i helped
be

not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to do but you may be affected by the following bug: <https://xojo.com/issue/18559> ODBCDatabase.DataSource does not longer return the DSN in use