Retina Framework

I wanted to try my App (os x 10.8 cocoa build) to test my conversion to Retina graphics.
My graphics, @2x and 144dpi are oke but controls like PushButton or the normal default frame of a Window with it’s widgets aren’t displayed in Retina mode.
( I’ve modified my info.plist with NSHighResolutionCapableTrue ).

What do I miss?

[quote=8072:@Jaap Cammeraat]I wanted to try my App (os x 10.8 cocoa build) to test my conversion to Retina graphics.
My graphics, @2x and 144dpi are oke but controls like PushButton or the normal default frame of a Window with it’s widgets aren’t displayed in Retina mode.
( I’ve modified my info.plist with NSHighResolutionCapableTrue ).

What do I miss?[/quote]

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <true />

This is most odd, I’ve not seen an app with high res graphics but low res controls. If Joe’s suggestion doesn’t help, I’d suggest checking the console.

If you’re using declares or plugins, you may need to make sure that you’re using the Retina compatible versions.

Thanks Joe, that was the trick :slight_smile:

That’s is most odd - set the wrong data type for the value and the high quality graphics works, but not the controls. Sounds like a bug in the OS to me.

There was a similar bug I ran into way back: including a string value of “True” rather than a Boolean value of True in a plist would crash OS X 10.4 (or, perhaps vice-versa). If you think it’s a real bug, you should report it to apple: http://bugreport.apple.com

I think that this falls under “garbage in, garbage out”.