Resubmission to MAS after fixing bug

Had a bug in the app submitted to the MAS. After fixing and testing and uploading MAS rejected it again, because of a error dialog, which if correct would be bad and the app should be rejected. (error message: Can not open database) However the error message was generated in a method to create a DB table. That method was executed after another(actually several) which just created tables in the DB; and it the DB was not connected it would have given error also.

Have not been able to duplicate the error. Tested on my regular machine, on a clean machine (no files present for that app). also a test with a new user setup.

Did not give app a new version number… Should I have? Just did AW and upload package with same name and version.

Any suggestions?

You should use a different version number when one has been rejected.

Like most of us on the MAS, I have had to resubmit several apps after an initial rejection. I do not change the version number… I resubmit the same version. Changing the version number again would cause a gap in your version sequence which might be confusing to the user.
I would submit a carefully worded appeal to this last rejection which you can do on the iTunes Connect site.

[quote=270019:@Roger Clary]Like most of us on the MAS, I have had to resubmit several apps after an initial rejection. I do not change the version number… I resubmit the same version. Changing the version number again would cause a gap in your version sequence which might be confusing to the user.
I would submit a carefully worded appeal to this last rejection which you can do on the iTunes Connect site.[/quote]

I usually change the bug version, so I can trace the events, including rejection. But that’s me. Each one his own workflow.

In such situations when I cannot reproduce the error detected by the reviewer, I just recompile and re-upload the same version without changing the version number. Usually it goes through. When it does not go through, I submit an appeal as Roger too suggested.

Have you tried it with a “Guest” account on your machine? I seem to recall this is how they test apps (although it probably has since changed).

The other thing I would do personally, is try to figure out why table creation failed and include a bit more reporting in the error handler.

Bugs like this are real head scratchers and the more information you can gather, the easier it will be to pin down the exact cause of the issue and resolve it.

I wasted a good half hour yesterday because of a poorly configured unsupportedFormatException (that I was generating) on 64-Bit, where I can’t use the debugger.

Thank to all.
I like the idea of changing the version number for each submission, but then the MAS version and the non-MAS version would get out of sync. Which I now have on the previous version.

Like the “Guest” account. Much easier than cleaning up(delete) all the necessary files.

Anyway it’s waiting for review again. Look as if the wait for review is down to about eight hours.