REST client class - RESTMessage_MTC

I just released RESTMessage_MTC, a REST client framework. It’s open-source, free to use, and you can find it here.

From the detailed project README:

The harness project contains examples to give you an idea of how you’d use this in your own code.

I just updated the project to v.1.1. From the release notes:

The purpose of the surrogate is to let you send multiple copies of the same message simultaneously without having to set up and tear down handlers for the events. I’ve modified the Eddies Electronics examples to demonstrate.

Hi Kem

Thanks for your efforts with the RestClient

I get a type mismatch when passing value as Auto(3)
to dim objectDict as Xojo.Core.Dictionary = value

[code]Private Function Deserialize(value As Auto, intoProp As Xojo.Introspection.PropertyInfo, currentValue As Auto) As Auto
dim tiDestination as Xojo.Introspection.TypeInfo = intoProp.PropertyType
dim typeName as text = tiDestination.Name

if typeName.Length > 2 and typeName.EndsWith( “()” ) then
return DeserializeArray( value, intoProp, currentValue )

elseif IsIntrinsicType( typeName ) then
return value

else
dim objectDict as Xojo.Core.Dictionary = value
return DeserializeObject( objectDict, intoProp )

end if
End Function[/code]

I’m on vacation this week so I won’t be able to look for a while, but take a look at the develop branch of the project. It includes a number of fixes that have not yet been merged into master.

Enjoy your vacation.

Hi Kem,

Finally getting back to this.

With the dev branch I get farther but it fails at
return DeserializeDictionary( value, intoProp )
When trying to process Auto(0)

[code]Private Function DeserializeObject(value As Auto, intoProp As Xojo.Introspection.PropertyInfo, objectTypeInfo As Xojo.Introspection.TypeInfo = Nil) As Object
if value = nil then
return nil
end if

dim tiObject as Xojo.Introspection.TypeInfo = if( objectTypeInfo is nil, intoProp.PropertyType, objectTypeInfo )
dim typeName as text = tiObject.Name

select case typeName.Replace( “()”, “” )
case “Dictionary”, “Xojo.Core.Dictionary”
return DeserializeDictionary( value, intoProp )

case “Date”, “Xojo.Core.Date”
return DeserializeDate( value, intoProp )

case else
//
// Have to create a new object to return
//
dim c as Xojo.Introspection.ConstructorInfo = GetZeroParamConstructor( tiObject )
if c isa object then
dim o as object = c.Invoke

//
  // Create a dictionary of the object's properties
  //
  dim propsDict as new Xojo.Core.Dictionary
  for each prop as Xojo.Introspection.PropertyInfo in tiObject.Properties
    if prop.CanWrite and prop.IsPublic and not prop.IsShared then
      propsDict.Value( prop.Name ) = prop
    end if
  next prop

if propsDict.Count <> 0 then
    JSONObjectToProps( value, propsDict, "", o )
  end if

return o
end if

end select
End Function[/code]

Introspection is good stuff

It will be a while before I can look, but it will help if you can submit a unit test to the project that shows the issue.

How to access the Familysearch API with these class? Sandbox-URL: https://sandbox.familysearch.org and your username and password of your Familysearch Developer Account.

[h]Obtain Access Token with Username and Password[/h]
This example request illustrates how to obtain an access token using a user’s username and password. Note that this mechanism is available only to approved developer keys.
Request

[code]POST /cis-web/oauth2/v3/token
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

username=kbear23&grant_type=password&client_id=PHNQ-DY47-PDAG-8NB9-XJD7-JE4J-R0W5-NK3P&password=WhereIsPapa%3F[/code]
Response

[code]HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Transfer-encoding: chunked
Cache-control: no-cache, no-store, no-transform, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Vary: Accept, Accept-Language, Accept-Encoding, Expect
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 20:47:44 GMT
Content-type: application/json
X-processing-time: 1

{
“access_token” : “2YoTnFdFEjr1zCsicMWpAA”,
“token_type” : “family_search”
}[/code]

Could you please give a small example? Maybe how to search for Person into a Xojo App?
https://familysearch.org/developers/docs/api/tree/Search_Persons_usecase

Thanks

Not sure if this is exactly what you need, but it sounds like I’d:

• Subclass RESTMessage_MTC and call it FamilySearchMessageBase. Add a shared property for the access token.
  • Subclass FamilySearchMessageBase into FamilySearchLoginMessage that sends the request for the access token. On response, store the token in the shared property.
  • Back in the MessageBase, implement the CancelSend event and, if the access token is present, use SetRequestHeader to add it to the header of all requests.
  • Create subclasses of the MessageBase for your other requests. After the initial login message is sent they will automatically supply the needed token.

HTH.

Thanks Kem, i try this :slight_smile:

[quote=265604:@Kem Tekinay]I just released RESTMessage_MTC, a REST client framework. It’s open-source, free to use, and you can find it here.

From the detailed project README:

The harness project contains examples to give you an idea of how you’d use this in your own code.[/quote]

powerfull