Respect others being different, be nice to each other

Do you live in Arizona and frequent place called Amy’s Baking Company?

For the uninitiated: Amy’s Baking Company

Could not access from outside USA. Here is another link.

[quote=33487:@Andrew L.]All I know is that as of right now I don’t consider the money I spent on a Xojo license well spent and that I can’t discuss my disappointment on this forum. If I do I risk a verbal attack, assuming my post isn’t deleted.
[/quote]

I haven’t seen any verbal (written) attacks on you, Andrew. Would you care to link to one? Link to a thread where your post was deleted? Many ideas and suggestions posted in the forums are bad to borderline awful. Usually the terrible in them is made obvious by how they might adversely affect others. If you post a suggestion, your suggestion is going to be subject to such scrutiny. There are many competing interests here. They compete. And again, given all the avenues and processes available to you to help make Xojo better for your projects, disappointment doesn’t buy you anything. There are plenty of users giving actionable feedback that (a) Xojo knows the feeling isn’t universal, and (b) they can actually do something that might delight someone.

Here’s one that really hurt, where in response to my face-pic @Markus Winter wishes a “miserable death” for me. The topic wasn’t even about the IDE, it was completely out of left field.

Hard to link to a deleted comment, but here’s my comment about the deleted comment.

But he’s GERMAN. I thought we established that was a cultural thing…

Heh. That picture one was pretty awful. Point for you, Andrew. If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll award me a point for that one too because I had your back a few weeks later.

Could you refresh my memory please?

Good thing that they didn’t win the … :slight_smile:

Seriously though Brad does have a point with this one - I think that went too far.

I don’t know why anyone gets too emotional about comments on here - just strip off the emotion and look for some good information and ideas, you would be surprised what good sense can be hidden amongst some of the noise and abrasive presentation.

I guess when a group of apparently intelligent adults are concerned you need to ask why the noise and abrasive presentation is required. Civility costs nothing but is surprisingly valuable.

I can only agree with you however it was the ‘differences’ that were being acknowledged by the OP along with a request to be nice to each other, there are always going to be differences and some people, for personality or cultural reasons, do not come across as nice to others.

In my own case, when I started using this forum some people really annoyed me but I came to realise that it is just ‘their way’ and I stopped being annoyed and started to try and just understand the point that they were making - after that I could get some information or ideas from (subjectively speaking) they most annoying people and I began to respect their views even if I didn’t enjoy like the way that they presented them. I am not going to name names but some of the most abrasive and/or annoying people actually do have really good ideas or advice on here - it just took me a little while to work that out.

[quote=33490:@Joseph Claeys]Do you live in Arizona and frequent place called Amy’s Baking Company?

For the uninitiated: Amy’s Baking Company[/quote]

No soup for you!!

That wasn’t cultural or a German thing, that was a Markus thing.

No, it wasn’t about the IDE, it was about unthinking and uncaring smokers, and if my post makes you think about the people around you the next time you feel like lighting up then good, mission accomplished.

Hello everyone,

Pleasse, be fair and do not take this thread off-topic. I respect other members subjects, so is it too much too ask to respect my subject here?

Thank you all for your understanding.

Friendly greetings,

Chris

[quote=33551:@Markus Winter]No, it wasn’t about the IDE, it was about unthinking and uncaring smokers, and if my post makes you think about the people around you the next time you feel like lighting up then good, mission accomplished.
[/quote]

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Dear Chris V,

thanks for your positive minded OP!

It’s all about the so easy to say but often so hard to understand “Live and let live” or “My freedom should end where the freedom of my neighbor starts”. But the latter should not include some misunderstood flavors of “freedom to speech” by missing respect.

Giving and getting respect produces good vibes which leads to more creativity, productivity and empathy. Anything better we could do to make this planet a nice place?

I wish more people would have your attitude…

Thanks again and have a nice day,
Heiko

Dear Heiko,

Thank you very much for your very positive reply. I could not have said it better.

I appreciate your contribution very much and wish you also a very nice day.

Friendly greetings,

Chris