resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed

When code signing my app on Sierra I get that error “resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed” and of course the app doesn’t get signed.

I have fixed the problem adding this to my build script:

cmd = “find " + CurrentBuildLocation + “/” + getShellString( CurrentBuildAppName ) + “.app” + “/Contents” + " -exec xattr -c {} \;”
output = doShellCommand( cmd )
If output <> “” then print output

It works but it pauses the build process almost a minute on big projects. Is there something better?

Stan

App Wrapper. Worth every penny IMHO. Has saved me countless headaches. And no side effects :wink:

I prefer to use my build script :slight_smile: … build scripts are for that and you can do everything with them. I just find weird Xojo just released an update to allow code sign in Sierra but the problem is still there.

What type of project is this?

It is a quite Small Xojo 2016r3 project I build for macOS and Windows. Not sure if that respond to your question.

It does. The patch we provided recently was for iOS projects where the signing is being done by Xojo. I don’t think we could possibly know what you’re going to have in your project nor automatically remove what Apple considers detritus without risk of damaging your project.

All that is explained here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39652867/code-sign-error-in-macos-sierra-xcode-8-resource-fork-finder-information-or

It looks like that in Sierra, the rules on what can be in a signed bundle have been tightened, and resource forks nor Finder information attributes are no longer allowed. What I have added to my build script is to remove the Finder attributes (I don’t use resource forks). It works perfect but it is a bit slow.

This issue is also discussed here

link text

There is a Terminal command and a build script example posted there by Jürg Otter.

Thanks, yes, I already fixed the problem, I was looking for something faster but I believe it is the fastest way… :-/

AppWrapper integrates into Xojo with a build script that you drag from AppWrapper to Xojo.
You can add a post-signing script in AppWrapper to have it do cool stuff like automatically create your disk image if you’re using something with command line like DMG Canvas.

I start a build and shortly after a disk image is ready for distribution. Easy and fast.

[quote=294698:@Tim Parnell]AppWrapper integrates into Xojo with a build script that you drag from AppWrapper to Xojo.
You can add a post-signing script in AppWrapper to have it do cool stuff like automatically create your disk image if you’re using something with command line like DMG Canvas.

I start a build and shortly after a disk image is ready for distribution. Easy and fast.[/quote]

and you can, with a sufficient amount of work on you’re own, do all those things as well

appwrapper makes it easy to do them instead of having to invest all that time yourself

Thanks Norman :slight_smile:

I’ve got the latest AppWrapper, upgraded to Sierra, and I still get this message.
What do I actually need to do to resolve it?
Edit: cracked it eventually…
I decided I needed to get a new copy of the AW script.
It wouldnt drag in, so I ended up copying and pasting the text, but its working now.