Resizing Windows?

Will,
1 pixel difference I can live with - even with my OCD.

Tim,
I want them - IN XOJO :slight_smile:

How on earth does everyone manage to get their apps resizable?
Surely you canā€™t all be doing all this for EVERY control in your windows???

Or do most people NOT make their apps resizable?

The only reason I am doing it - is because if someone views my app on a Retina screen - I presume my app will appear half size? :frowning:

[quote=86166:@Richard Summers]How on earth does everyone manage to get their apps resizable?
Surely you canā€™t all be doing all this for EVERY control in your windows???

Or do most people NOT make their apps resizable?

The only reason I am doing it - is because if someone views my app on a Retina screen - I presume my app will appear half size? :frowning:
[/quote]

Have you downloaded the project I posted and applied the modifications to manage your two buttons exactly as you requested ? You do not say if what we all offered worked. We all made the effort to write solutions and test them. Would be nice to tell.

People make apps resizable if it makes sense. It depends on the app. Indeed a lot of apps use non resizable windows, and that is allright. And yes, if you want windows to be resizable, you better get prepared to manage how your controls move around and change size. I tried to give you a tested and robust method.

Retina half size ? ? ? Do not confuse resolution and points. Retina uses the same number of points as a normal screen, with double the resolution. You can equate points and pixels on a normal screen only. On Retina, there are two pixels for each point. You app will appear the same size.

Michel,
I have only just got out of my bath and was replying from my iPad - I did actually say in an earlier post that I would test it as soon as I get the chance and let you all know.

I also thanked everyone for their help :slight_smile:

I will be testing the code very soon, and I am sure you have all provided solutions from which I can study and learn from.

I will let you know asap.

OK,
All code provided by you guys is working perfectly !

I would like to thank you All for the code, the recommendations, and the advice regarding resolution and points (Michel).

I am extremely grateful.
THANK YOU.

Almost all my windows are resizable and the built-in locks are usually enough for the right stretching and pinning. Layouts that canā€™t be done with locks take this extra attention; and btw Xojo has been working on a new auto layout system which I think would handle centered stretching buttons like you want.

Look at the right side of the button while resizing, if not accounted for thatā€™ll flicker and annoy my ocd :slight_smile:

I tried the solution listed for this thread, but Iā€™m having problems with the ā€œSubā€ statement. I keep getting errors. Iā€™m trying to get my controls centered for when the maximize button is clicked. The locking method really isnā€™t helping much. Hereā€™s a snap shot. Any ideas?

If a third party tool is OK with you, have a look here.

Kayla, remove the Sub and End Sub lines. They donā€™t go in your code block. The IDE separates them out into the other entry fields for the method - Name/Parameters/Return Value.