Report height & width

If change the width of a report in the report editor to 11.69 inches, which is the equivalent of a landscape European A4 sheet, I noticed that the right side (about 5 cm’s) is clipped. Same happens with a portrait A4, the last 5 cm’s do not get printed. It looks like the size of the G object do not match that of the report editor? How to deal with this?

Hi Alexander,

If part of the report is getting clipped on a Windows OS machine, try and set the default margins to:

Left: 0
Top: 0
Right: 0
Bottom: 0

This seems to work for most reports that have wider margins and multiple pages.

Hi Eugene,

that worked! Can I pass these values to the printersetup?

[quote=59550:@Alexander van der Linden]Hi Eugene,

that worked! Can I pass these values to the printersetup?[/quote]

[Edit] That seems not to be possible. Pity, because users have to set it manually to 0 every time.

Hi Alexander,

Try this and see if it works:

Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.LeftMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.TopMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.RightMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.BottomMargin = 0

Let me know if this works on the test machine. :slight_smile:

Eugene

After the first time, you can save the SetupString and use that the next time without prompting the user.

Tim is right:

each user and for each printer, you have to set it the first time you access to it, then you never have to worry about that again (unless a new user, a new printer or a new computer…).

Oh, I forgot to say you’d better save the print settings in a Prefs file and load it when the user ask for Print setup / print, so no need to type it again.

I use that trick for Printing Landscape in A4 --> PDF (both OS X and Windows XP) two specific documents.

[quote=59616:@Eugene Dakin]Hi Alexander,

Try this and see if it works:

Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.LeftMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.TopMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.RightMargin = 0 Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.BottomMargin = 0

Let me know if this works on the test machine. :slight_smile:

Eugene[/quote]
are you talking about xojo standard report? I need a vertical A4 sheet size with no margin. Where should i put this code in the canvas paint?

Marco, you should start a new conversation, not revive old ones.