Remote Debugging via Team Viewer

Greetings!

I’m using 2012r2.1.

I’ve been using Team Viewer for some time now to perform remote debugging for both desktop and WE apps. It’s worked great with the TM VPN.

Lately, though, I’ve had this sudden issue where it seems the debugger isn’t sending the debug files. It’s hanging indefinitely. I go to remote debug, it makes the connection, compiles the app, then goes to the screen where it shoes the progress bar as it sends the files over. This time, however, it immediately goes to an infinite loop progress bar, and no matter how long I wait, the files are never sent to the remote machine. I’ve tried restarting Team Viewer, Real Studio, both machines, and the remote debug files (all of them). Still not working.

As anyone ever had Remote Debugger suddenly start doing this? I’m really puzzled here, and it’s keeping me from doing my work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I had a similar problem quite a while back. If I remember rightly my issue was that I had removed the directory on the remote machine that RB was expecting to copy the files to.

Thanks, Andy. I tried making a new location on the remote machine for the files to go to in a location with no restrictions. Unfortunately, this didn’t seem to help my situation. I see the file compile on my end (i.e. the text quickly changing in the IDE bottom-left), but the files never download on the remote end. :frowning:

I figured it out!

Apparently in the mix the password on the remote machine was removed. I still was trying to connect with a password, though. Once I removed the password on my end, everything worked. I haven’t tried re-applying the password on both ends yet, but at least it’s working.