Registered

who else is on the list?

Kevin Cully and I both are…

I’m still considering if I’ll make the trip this year.

Kim, for you it’s a short trip compared to people from other continents…

Well, short(er). The US is a pretty big place. Boise to Austin is about 1600 miles, or about a 4.5 hour flight or 22 hour drive. Shorter than from Europe? You bet. Still a long ways to go? Yup.

The but the distance is not as much of an issue as the cost and time away from my keyboard.

I will not be attending.

If anyone would like to sponsor me I could :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s quite the cost though :confused:

[quote=127912:@Kimball Larsen]Well, short(er). The US is a pretty big place. Boise to Austin is about 1600 miles, or about a 4.5 hour flight or 22 hour drive. Shorter than from Europe? You bet. Still a long ways to go? Yup.

The but the distance is not as much of an issue as the cost and time away from my keyboard.[/quote]
Boise … Idaho ?
Heck i’m only a few hours north of there normally (Red Deer Alberta area - maybe 6 hour drive)
And right now about 2 - I’m just in Sandpoint at the moment :slight_smile:

Sandpoint is beautiful! Though I’m afraid you’ve made a slight miscalculation in your drive times. Sandpoint is about 8 hours north of Boise. Driving from Boise to Red Deer would take about 15 hours. If you were really only 2 hours north of me, (and I had a more free evening) I’d be tempted to drive up and buy you a drink.

Of course, this is Norman we’re talking about here. When faced with a problem he simply bends reality to fit his will - in this case he simply drives 250mph… in which case your drive time estimates may actually be accurate. :slight_smile:

Perhaps even Canadians don’t realize just how large the US is… :wink:

8 ?
Really ? doesn’t look that far on the map from here

[quote=127950:@Kimball Larsen]Of course, this is Norman we’re talking about here. When faced with a problem he simply bends reality to fit his will - in this case he simply drives 250mph… in which case your drive time estimates may actually be accurate. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
You’ve never seen Canadians (specifically Albertans) drive have you ?
Me doing 140kph on the hiway (just shy of 100 mph) puts me in the “slow lane”
But I see why I thought it was a lot less - figured I could drive straight south but the “best route” Google suggest takes me way west through Washington then back to Boise
But that makes sand point about half way from my place to Boise - beer stop !

No we do!
It’s just so much smaller than Canada we forget :stuck_out_tongue:
Wife & I drove to Winnipeg (16 hour from home) for the weekend once though - nice little trip :slight_smile:

[quote=127947:@Norman Palardy]Boise … Idaho ?
Heck i’m only a few hours north of there normally (Red Deer Alberta area - maybe 6 hour drive)
And right now about 2 - I’m just in Sandpoint at the moment :)[/quote]

Sandpoint. What a great place. We were there two years ago visiting friends. Pity the timing couldn’t have coincided with a Xojo Conference. Its a long way from New Zealand :frowning:

Registered…

Registered as well.

cool, so we are at least 5 visitors.

the list of attendees is looking great.