Reference to Container Control

If container controls are duplicated and embedded in the IDE it appears they are not indexed other then a handle property. What then is the best way to reference these containers and the controls within?

When I added instances by code and a ref was created so this was not a problem.

Embedded container controls have a name.

Your controls in the container control should be private. That way you can treat the container controls as a class and define a way to communicate.

[quote=497593:@Beatrix Willius]Embedded container controls have a name.

Your controls in the container control should be private. That way you can treat the container controls as a class and define a way to communicate.[/quote]

Maybe a dictionary would be handy in that case for storing the values from these containers if using the container name. Might work…

That’s what introspection is for. Or you iterate over the containers in the window.

they are not easy to find in the .controls list because cc are a special type.
i use a array as property and add the container controls at window open. usually i have the same type of cc.
if i need them i use for each.
you could add a id/index property and make it visible with menu inspector behavior.
the controls inside you can access direct by name or indirect with a computed property - dependent on your opinions.
inside of a event you make a select case for the index property if you need to differentiate.