Reality Check?

100% absolutely not.

=) Well put. On the other hand, it certainly could be the reason they exist right now. Billions of companies have failed per not being disciplined.

I want to say - absolutely agreed. However, any developer should be aware of the slowness and if they need to go XCode/Swift + Visual Studio, they should. I love America and capitalism and choice. The point of putting out information is so the market is healthy, that the buyers are well matched to the sellers, where the seller is properly compensated by buyers that truly and effectively use the product. The wealth of information helps this. It makes for healthier longterm buyers and sellers.

I would really like to see Xojo dedicate one release every year to bug fixes. No new features that break something else, just a good solid version that I could use until the next bug fix version is released.

That’s what I was saying with the proceeding line:

Oh for sure, there are absolutely times that I’d recommend Xcode or Visual Studio to people. If you’re making an iOS app and you’re never going to target another platform, and you have some dev experience, I’d happily recommend Xcode and Swift to you. But as I said, despite its weaker points, if you target more than one platform, I don’t think anything touches Xojo. It brings a lot to the table that enables individuals and small teams to do more.

“It’s Getting Better All The Time”.

“Why must I make changes ? The product selling is very good.”

etc.

“We cannot afford to pay someone 1 year to just get it able to start coding Xojo.”

I just wanted to address this comment. We only have one conference per year - the Xojo Developer Conference. Actually, we didn’t have one this year. We tried doing the conference last Fall (instead of the usual springtime dates), but people overwhelmingly preferred the spring, so we waited 18 months to move it back to the spring. The last few months we have led the newsletter with the conference - because we had a significant registration deadline approaching.

Next, we have said this before, but XDC is not a revenue generating endeavor for us. Many similar-type conferences charge double (or more) what we do, we try to keep prices low.

Having said that, I’m glad you’re reading the newsletter, thanks for the comments! :slight_smile: