re: Peter Fargos Another project gone missing

I tried Google drive a while ago. Since the Google drive folder is local I thought it would be alright. In fact it locked the debug app so it could not be cleaned by Xojo after run, and same thing for saved projects.

I quickly moved to a standard folder, and copy to Google drive at the end of the day.

I swear I’m working on something for file sharing specifically for the Xojo forum, it’s just taking a reallllllly long time.

I’ve lost files that I was just working on in pages, nothing but word processing files, when saved directly to the drop box folder. I haven’t used any of the other, but definitely strange things can happen when working on files live inside those directories.

Now days I use an rsync task, really a carbon Copy Cloner task to regularly sync my projects directory to the drop box directory. That doesn’t seem to cause any trouble at all and is very easy to setup and run in the background. There are cross platform solutions to do the same.

I use a corporate Box.com account at work; have been for years, and that has worked flawlessly. Hopefully that won’t break on me.