Radio buttons placed on a container control disapear when run

I have a container control with several radio buttons.
When I place the CC on a window and press the run button, the radio buttons do not show on the window.

[quote=177686:@Rande Newberry]I have a container control with several radio buttons.
When I place the CC on a window and press the run button, the radio buttons do not show on the window.[/quote]

I just quickly added a container control, placed a radio button on it, made it part of a control set, then duplicated it 10 times. I also added a radio button by itself. All show just fine in an instance dragged on the default window.

I read in another post you also had trouble clicking checkboxes. The checkboxes I added react fine.

So I could not verify what you report.

Which version of Xojo ? Have you added any special code that could interfere with the radio buttons visible property, or the checkboxes value ?

I also read in one of your posts in another thread you started that you used RealBasic before and found Xojo unusable. Have you tried to load the project where you observe the disappearing radio buttons in RealBasic ?

Hi Michel,
We have not tried it in real basic because we started the project in Xojo.
We are using version 2014 r2.1 as this was the last release before our license ran out. We are having so many problems, not sure we want to renew.
There is no special code, all code is in the other thread.
You mention “making it part of a control set”, is this a requirement for the radio buttons to work?
That being said, the functionality re require is more appropriate using a check box, and we have changed the radio buttons to check boxes. They are visible in run but are non functional as described in the other thread.

[quote=177734:@Rande Newberry]Hi Michel,
We have not tried it in real basic because we started the project in Xojo.
We are using version 2014 r2.1 as this was the last release before our license ran out. We are having so many problems, not sure we want to renew.
There is no special code, all code is in the other thread.
You mention “making it part of a control set”, is this a requirement for the radio buttons to work?
That being said, the functionality re require is more appropriate using a check box, and we have changed the radio buttons to check boxes. They are visible in run but are non functional as described in the other thread.[/quote]

Windows , Mac or Linux ? I just tried under Mac OS X 10.10.2 as well as under Windows 10 with 2014R2.1 and once again, everything checks out.

Control sets : The way radio buttons are supposed to work, when you click one, the others should deselect. To achieve that, select all the radio buttons you want to work that way, and in the inspector click on the gear icon on top, then make them part of a new control set. They will automatically behave as transistor radio buttons used to work.

Hi Michel,
We discovered the problem, at some point the project became corrupt,
Hopefully we can salvage parts by exporting our custom classes.

Thanks for all the help!

[quote=177852:@Rande Newberry]Hi Michel,
We discovered the problem, at some point the project became corrupt,
Hopefully we can salvage parts by exporting our custom classes.
[/quote]

Glad to read you found the mystery. I often salvaged a project simply by copy/paste into a new clean project.