QuickStableVS\\SimpleVector error?!?

I have a customer who frequently runs into a problem when trying to save files using my app. He’s running Windows, and he’s the only one of my 30+ beta testers who is running into this.

Here’s the error message:

D:\Builder\QuickStableVS\build\Universal\SimpleVector.h: 207
Failure Condition: 0

Clearly, this isn’t part of my code. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

That looks to me like a framework error of some sort

It’s only happening to one of my Windows users, but one out of 30 beta testers makes me nervous when the app hits wide release on April 26th. I’ll try turning off GDI+ and hope that helps, though I was under the impression that GDI+ is supported from Win7 thru Win10.

I’m praying that turning off GDI+ will solve the issue, though I’m not sure the ramifications that may have. If it’s a framework problem, then I don’t see any way around it. While it happens constantly to this user, I can’t see any of reproducing it for Xojo short of flying Norman to Nashville to see his computer crash…

Try TeamViewer and record the session?

What I really need is to run my app remotely on his PC while I watch it execute on my Mac, but I don’t know of any way to do that without sitting next to him…

Yeah that gets tricky without opening ports in the firewalls or using an adhoc vpn client like Hamachi.

I just did a quick test with GDI+ turned off, and ran into a problem in the first few lines of the program where I have:

dim p as new picture(10,10)

Which of course raises an UnsupportedPlatform exception.

I’ll ask the user precisely what version of Windows he’s using that doesn’t support GDI+ and then tell him he can’t use the app until he upgrades to something that does.

Assuming, of course, that solves the problem…:slight_smile:

I like Nashville
Make it when the Preds are playing a home playoff game and yer on :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=258810:@Norman Palardy]I like Nashville
Make it when the Preds are playing a home playoff game and yer on :P[/quote]

It’s cheaper to fly his laptop to Canada and back…:wink:

Not nearly as fun
Maybe it is something in his environment & not JUST his machine?

[quote=258754:John McKernon]I have a customer who frequently runs into a problem when trying to save files using my app. He's running Windows, and he's the only one of my 30+ beta testers who is running into this.

Here's the error message:

D:\Builder\QuickStableVS\build\Universal\SimpleVector.h: 207
Failure Condition: 0

Clearly, this isn't part of my code. Does anyone know what could be causing this?[/quote]

Follow the documentation on creating crash dumps on Windows and file a bug report in Feedback with a dump attached.

I think we found the problem: The customer is running Windows 8, not 8.1. When Win 8.1 came out, his machine wouldn’t take the upgrade, he suspects because of a hidden partition that the manufacturer installed. My app runs fine on his other laptops running Win 7.1 and Win 10, so I’m breathing easier now - and today’s build of my app will require 8.1, not 8.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

The woes continue…:frowning:

Now happening to other customers with Windows 10.

[quote=268156:@John McKernon]The woes continue…:frowning:

Now happening to other customers with Windows 10.[/quote]

A crash dump would give us somewhere to start.