Queue Classes as LinkedList

While i work on a project where i needed a real fast FIFO Queue and while i am quit new with the Xojo Framework i tried Array’s, Collections and Dictionary’s.
The Hash Table of the Dictionary makes it much faster than the Array’s but ended up with a simple set of classes as a linked list.

I was in need to add objects to the queue where i can’t implement a Interface approach and also needed a simple way of setting the priority without resorting the list. Maybe someone can make some use out of it or you guys have hints for further speed optimization. Pls. keep in mind i need the Variant’s.

Thanks for looking at it. QueueAsLinkedList

Any updates?

Priority queues ?

A dictionary of arrays of variants would work really nice
Each bucket in the dictionary is a “priority” level - and the arrays in the buckets behave like a fifo queue

Should be pretty simple to implement

[quote=301567:@Norman Palardy]Priority queues ?

A dictionary of arrays of variants would work really nice
Each bucket in the dictionary is a “priority” level - and the arrays in the buckets behave like a fifo queue

Should be pretty simple to implement[/quote]

and the speed and optimized?

I don’t understand “A dictionary of arrays of variants”
you mean we could just use dictionary and array to implement this.

yup
like this

[quote=301570:@Norman Palardy]yup
like this[/quote]

great example. this is very good to study…thank you.

[quote=301570:@Norman Palardy]yup
like this[/quote]

Now deleted by the looks of it.

What’s the best way of sharing code with this forum ? Most forums allow attachments.

It seems that this forum doesn’t work that way.

One way is typing the code in the forum as a regular message post. But surround the code block with [ code ] and [ / code ] (without the spaces).

Another way is to upload your code to a web server and add a link here.

In case you don’t have a web server, you can always use websites like GitHub, OneDrive, etc to get your code uploaded. Then you can place a link to your code here in the forum.

Its back
I think one issue with allowing attachments is the amount of disk space it would require Xojo inc to pay for into perpetuity
A non-trivial amount of space = lots of costs

[quote=343667:@Norman Palardy]Its back
I think one issue with allowing attachments is the amount of disk space it would require Xojo inc to pay for into perpetuity
A non-trivial amount of space = lots of costs[/quote]
Which is why I pondered up the idea of a fileshare where the person who wants to retrieve a file that has had no activity in more than a year must to contribute to the hosting cost. Lets people be creative and share ideas without having to worry about the cost.

Never got around to implementation though.