Questions for XDC?

What should the attendees ask Xojo?

Good idea, thanks Markus. Please, if someone could ask for clarification on the evolution of the web framework:

• With a new web framework, I guess there will be no more improvements on the client part of the current web framework, ok. But will there be at least an update of the server part (HTTP/1.1 at least…) to take into account current technologies on the current web framework?

• How will we be able to carry the current web projects on the new web framework? Will the Web Control SDK be compatible with the new web framework?

Thank you

When will XDC be held in Middle Earth?

Would you host a conference?

[quote=381967:@olivier vidal]Good idea, thanks Markus. Please, if someone could ask for clarification on the evolution of the web framework:

• With a new web framework, I guess there will be no more improvements on the client part of the current web framework, ok. But will there be at least an update of the server part (HTTP/1.1 at least…) to take into account current technologies on the current web framework?

• How will we be able to carry the current web projects on the new web framework? Will the Web Control SDK be compatible with the new web framework?

Thank you[/quote]
All of this will be answered in the Web Framework 2.0 session on Wednesday.

Will IOS ever have SMTPSocket or SMTPSecureSocket? Will IOS ever have NetworkInterface like in the old framework? The answer that these are not allowed in the App store should not be the only deciding factor to these questions because Enterprise Developers like us do not have to put applications through the app store.

I’ll post a running log of the keynote and sessions, if I can, as I have for the past couple of years. I’ll pass along any questions there where relevant or possible. Asking them now is like interrupting a speaker to ask a question about something s/he was about to get to.

Personal opinion… Xojo should NOT support any iOS functions that would preclude the app from the App Store…
Just because and “Enterprise Developer” can… having those features in Xojo would p*ss off other users who attempt to use them and get rejected.

And I’ll be doing my blog posts at www.bkeeneybriefs.com providing as much detail as I can get.

[quote=382051:@Dave S]Personal opinion… Xojo should NOT support any iOS functions that would preclude the app from the App Store…
Just because and “Enterprise Developer” can… having those features in Xojo would p*ss off other users who attempt to use them and get rejected.[/quote]

Then they should filter out and not let you make any app that would get rejected.

Sending emails or querying network interfaces is fine for App Store as far as I know.
You may need the network entitlement, but otherwise should work.

Of course sending email from app is a bad idea, as you better talk to a server doing the work, so the server can verify permissions.

That makes no sense at all.

@Kem Tekinay and @Bob Keeney ,

Thanks for the great updates during XDC. I appreciate your updates and I am sure that others also like the added information.

+1

Find some juicy gossip on the Xojo Plugin Framework. Find out if we’ll be able to make plugins that have an interactive UI in the IDE so we can move away from the canvas rectangle purgatory or even make things usable through the UI akin to Unity :slight_smile: Take a sharp stick to poke people until they give up the infossss :wink: Have fun there, can’t wait for all the articles and posts to come out about the info. #mightgoto2019 :slight_smile:

@Julian

#mightseeyoutherein2019 :smiley:

Darn, I was exited this morning that there would be some news soon about the web framework. But it only came to my mind that there is an 8 hour difference between Denver and Western Europe! Will have to wait until tonight.

Like with all the Apple keynotes…
Time to get some popcorn for later.

Or beer and bretzels… :wink:

Can we have a shared memory model to allow interprocess communications that will work on all platforms? This would allow helper apps to be more useful as TCP can be sluggish and noisy.
Xojo Inc needs this for the Linux IDE anyway IMHO.