Publishing paid apps in Windows

I have read many discussions about the subject, many solutions, but I cannot find a definitive way. I know I am opening another conversation about this topic. But let’s go.
I have one app, expensive, that I created a complicated serial number solution, that I need to generate in my computer and then send to the buyer. There is no internet check, and nothing is automated. But it works fine in Mac, Windows and Linux. As this app is not sold daily, I managed to work this way through the years, but I am tired of this.
I also have many other smaller and cheaper apps that I sell in Mac App Store, that works great. But I cannot find a solution to publish those apps for Windows and still collect small payments. My previous solution would not work, as it should be automated, and give me no more work.
Mac App Store is amazing because I have no work with marketing or charging.
All my apps could be easily compiled for Windows, and they are not because I cannot sell them. I am losing a huge market.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the best solution for selling cheap Windows software ? Everything automated.
  2. Where to market it and how to charge it? Windows store does not accept Xojo apps, as far as I know.
  3. Is there any ready to use implementation? That I could easily copy and paste in those many small apps?
  4. How to manage users, licenses, upgrades, systems upgrades/moves automatically?

What have I tried ?
I tried Gumroad. Interesting, but no way to manage users or licenses. No marketing solution. Simply does not sell as much as Mac App store.
Avantgate. Didn’t manage to implement it.
Paypal. Didn’t manage to implement it. No marketing solution. How to manage users and licenses ?
Windows app store. does not work for us !?

https://forum.xojo.com/17853-ms-equivalent-of-mas

from earlier today. Searching the Forum before you post can save you a lot of time

I have read, and none of them answers my questions. Some are philosophical discussions and others are not practical enough.

I have been using Paypal for years but I have my own custom software to deliver to users. It is not terribly difficult to put together using Instant Payment Notification, a bit of PHP and a touch of Xojo Web Edition, though.

I know of https://www.payloadz.com/info-paypal-downloads.asp that provides ready to use download delivery. Looking for it I also noticed http://paypaldownload.com/ that does that too.

Apart from Paypal, seems e-junkie.com is also a valid solution.

Xojo apps can be listed in the Windows Store. The relevant link is https://forum.xojo.com/14657-convert-my-app-to-windows-questions?search=onboarding

[quote]Is there any ready to use implementation? That I could easily copy and paste in those many small apps?
How to manage users, licenses, upgrades, systems upgrades/moves automatically?[/quote]

For things like managing users, upgrades, moves and licenses, I read in this forum about fastspring and some other members have said they use it.

I just signed up with FastSpring.
Found the process pretty smooth and a lot friendlier than my former supplier.

If you aren’t bound by EU regs, I also use e-Junkie and they are great… too. They allow you to sell using their tools. People buy from you and pay you directly (paypal , amazon, google…)

FastSpring effectively act as a retailer: people buy from them, and they send you money.

[quote=148208:@Alexandre Amato]I have read many discussions about the subject, many solutions, but I cannot find a definitive way. I know I am opening another conversation about this topic. But let’s go.
I have one app, expensive, that I created a complicated serial number solution, that I need to generate in my computer and then send to the buyer. There is no internet check, and nothing is automated. But it works fine in Mac, Windows and Linux. As this app is not sold daily, I managed to work this way through the years, but I am tired of this.
I also have many other smaller and cheaper apps that I sell in Mac App Store, that works great. But I cannot find a solution to publish those apps for Windows and still collect small payments. My previous solution would not work, as it should be automated, and give me no more work.
Mac App Store is amazing because I have no work with marketing or charging.
All my apps could be easily compiled for Windows, and they are not because I cannot sell them. I am losing a huge market.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the best solution for selling cheap Windows software ? Everything automated.
  2. Where to market it and how to charge it? Windows store does not accept Xojo apps, as far as I know.
  3. Is there any ready to use implementation? That I could easily copy and paste in those many small apps?
  4. How to manage users, licenses, upgrades, systems upgrades/moves automatically?

What have I tried ?
I tried Gumroad. Interesting, but no way to manage users or licenses. No marketing solution. Simply does not sell as much as Mac App store.
Avantgate. Didn’t manage to implement it.
Paypal. Didn’t manage to implement it. No marketing solution. How to manage users and licenses ?
Windows app store. does not work for us !?[/quote]
Yes I was wondering the exact same thing in my thread https://forum.xojo.com/17853-ms-equivalent-of-mas just never got to the bottom of it

Most of Windows software today is sold as shareware/trialware/evaluationware/crippleware whatever the name, users download for free from CNet, Tucows, Softonic, and the gazillion download sites. If they like it, they buy from you or from a store. To have your archive listed, you need to prepare it with a Pad xml file which contains it’s description and a link to your download on your own site. It is a lot of work to have the archives listed everywhere, but when it is done, it should bring automatic sales. Be prepared to face a huge amount of competition, and low conversion rates. Somewhere around 1 sale per 100 downloads is considered a huge achievement. Average is often more like 1 per a thousand. Be aware that you do need to set up the download link, since the “free download” sites simply point to it. A solid host with unlimited bandwidth is necessary.

See asp-software.org for a lot of information from formerly Association of Shareware Professionals, who know a thing or two about that particular market they have been in for decades. Also, http://pad.asp-software.org/ for the way to create the Pad file.