Protected video hosting?

There is another possibility. While I know you’re not using Rackspace, I suspect your provider will have something similar. At Rackspace they’re called TempURLs. Essentially it’s a way to create a temporary URL that’s only good for a short period of time. You’d create the URL, use it right away and then it would be invalid in a minute or two to anyone else that tries to use it.

Here’s a link to the Rackspace docs: TempURL

That’s a great idea for running videos through a browser…
I’m doing it through my app so this is a little different. Right now I’m working out some video and anti-sniffing solutions with my hosting company. I also pointed them to the Xojo website and they are now working out how they could implement hosting Xojo web sites. I don’t make any money on this - but they are a great hosting site. There’s always somebody there on tech support 24/7. Webhosting.net

SafeWebApp allows videos and other web content to be activated for use on specific devices, but not generally available through an unprotected web browser. See www.safewebapp.com.

[quote=50934:@Sean Clancy]That’s a great idea for running videos through a browser…
I’m doing it through my app so this is a little different. Right now I’m working out some video and anti-sniffing solutions with my hosting company. I also pointed them to the Xojo website and they are now working out how they could implement hosting Xojo web sites. I don’t make any money on this - but they are a great hosting site. There’s always somebody there on tech support 24/7. Webhosting.net[/quote]
I tried playing around by handling the moviefile with handlespecialurl.
I stored a random string in App.ActiveURL() and passed the string along in the url.
In the url i checked if the string was in ActiveURL, removed it and served the file.

Still have to figure out how to speed up the playback.