Property showing in Behavior in IDE

It is possible to have public properties of a class show in the IDE.

I have a class, which is a subclass of DesktopSegmentedButton. Has two public properties set to show In the IDE. Works fine.

I have another class, which is a subclass of the one just mentioned. The properties do not show.

Is this a bug or expected behavior? (I would think it’s a bug.)

Do you have sample code that shows this?

I made a little example. As it turns out things work as expected for DesktopTextFields but not for DesktopSegmentedbuttons.

It doesn’t seem possible to upload the example to the forum.

You need to use Dropbox, Google drive, Microsoft drive or other option to share.

Here:

The Inspector Behavior for segButton2 has column as not visible in the inspector. If you change this setting it shows up.

Ah. That solves the problem, but when I made the subclass of the text field, it appears the Inspector behavior was copied to the subclass.

That’s a very annoying behaviour of Inspector Behaviour which IMHO was always a bit broken. It can easily happen that super properties are hidden or others are saved with a wrong preset and show stubborn against overrides.
The best solution I found is to edit the project file. Locate the [yourclass].xojo_code file and open it with a text editor. Somewhere at the bottom you will find the Inspector behaviour entries listed under the ViewBehavior tag.
You can change their visibility and defaults, reopen the project in the IDE and things should be fixed.

#tag ViewBehavior
		#tag ViewProperty
			Name="Name"
			Visible=true
			Group="ID"
			InitialValue=""
			Type="String"
			EditorType=""
		#tag EndViewProperty
		#tag ViewProperty
			Name="Index"
			Visible=true