ProgressBar in a Loop

Hello everyone

Grateful for the interest and for some comment that they make me arrive to solve the following:

I want to implement, that the value property of a ProgressBar is going to UPDATE as it advances the LOOP that can be For or a While and also has the possibility of clicking on a button called cancel and can finish a process.

I tried to put the loop inside the Thread but I did not get it, but at the same time it complicates me a bit, because I suppose for each process I need a Thread and there are several processes.

Cordially,

Raul Juarez Pulache

But you may need to use a thread or keep status in variables and do. next step each time the timer fires.

Somehow give time for redrawing

Raul, I don’t recommend you to use a button to cancel a loop, because probably the button actions is never fired. Instead I suggest to change button Caption to " Cancel (Press Esc) and in the loop check for UserCancelled http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/UserCancelled

[quote=332824:@Raul Juarez Pulache]Hello everyone

Grateful for the interest and for some comment that they make me arrive to solve the following:

I want to implement, that the value property of a ProgressBar is going to UPDATE as it advances the LOOP that can be For or a While and also has the possibility of clicking on a button called cancel and can finish a process.

I tried to put the loop inside the Thread but I did not get it, but at the same time it complicates me a bit, because I suppose for each process I need a Thread and there are several processes.

Cordially,

Raul Juarez Pulache[/quote]

It maybe time you learn how to use a timer, instead of a loop. Loops cannot update the UI anymore.

Basically, here is a regular loop (which does not work for a progressbar):

For i as Integer = 1 to 100 ProgressBar.Value = i next

• Drag a timer to the window
  • Make it’s period zero
  • Make it’s mode Off
  • In the Action event :

Static i as Integer = 1 If i < 100 then ProgressBar.Value = i i = i + 1 else i = 1 me.mode = Timer.ModeOff end if

To start the loop, do

Timer1.mode = Timer.ModeMultiple

Thank you so much
Ramon Sastre
Christian Schmitz
Michel Bujardet

As I recommend Ramon, do not use a button to cancel, instead had to put a caption “Cancel (Press Esc)” and use the function UserCancelled and be able to determine if the user pressed escape to finish the process.

With this I can solve my problem

Greetings and blessings

Raul Juarez Pulache