Problems with code signing

OK, I uploaded a program and had it rejected for a problem that i understood and easily corrected.

Tried again using the very same terminal commands to code sign my app as well as the internal frameworks
(Done twice and checked twice for filenames, all certificates are up to date)

This time i get an error reading:

"Invalid Signature - the main app bundle FlatMol at path FlatMol.app is signed but the signature is invalid. The following error(s) were reported from code sign:

nested code is modified or invalid "

any thoughts would be appreciated,
Thanks

Judy

I highly recommend AppWrapper, it’s fantastic.

The error you received sounds like the whole thing isn’t signed. There could be multiple things causing this.
One of which is that you must code sign using 10.9 Mavericks
The other involves the arguments you pass into codesign. What arguments are you using?

codesign -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ FlatMol.app

codesign -f -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ RBAppearancePak.xojo_plugin_0.dylib
codesign -f -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ RBHTMLViewer.xojo_plugin_0.dylib
codesign -f -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ RBShell.xojo_plugin_0.dylib
codesign -f -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ RBInternetEncodings.xojo_plugin_0.dylib
codesign -f -s ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Judy A Long’ XojoFramework.framework

codesign -d -vvvv FlatMol.app
productbuild --component ‘FlatMol.app’ /Applications --sign ‘3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: Judy A Long’ FlatMol.pkg

*from appropriate directories

You’re doing it the wrong way around, you need to sign the internal components and then the enclosing package. Otherwise you’re signing (think of sealing) the package and then breaking the seal (code signature) when you sign the components.

Using something like App Wrapper or App Wrapper Mini would simplify this process for you.

Thank You !

lol, Its a wonder it every worked before.
It is now waiting for review

thanks again,
Judy

I must admit I’m surprised this worked in the past. Glad to hear that it’s working again for you.