Problems/Limitations when app is Notarised for macOS10.14

[quote=410917:@Sam Rowlands]

• Removing a file, see one of my xDevMag articles where I write up how to delete files in the macOS, with the option to move them to the trash, so the user can recover them. I forget which edition.[/quote]

So I bought this edition only to find out it does not work. Those declares do sent the file to the trash but the ‘Put Back’ feature does not work. Btw it is the same with MBS.
Lost money on that now. :wink:

[quote=410947:@Christoph De Vocht]So I bought this edition only to find out it does not work. Those declares do sent the file to the trash but the ‘Put Back’ feature does not work. Btw it is the same with MBS.
Lost money on that now. ;-)[/quote]
Huh! It works here; on 10.11.6, I guess it got broke at some point :frowning: Sorry about that. As I told you to buy that copy, I can reimburse you if you’d like.

Add it to my list of shit to look at; I’ll have to double check it on Mojave, incase that function got replaced or it’s simply broken and needs me to file yet another bug report with Apple.

Way to send mixed messages Apple, here we make it harder to use (and in some cases downright impossible), but we’ll keep expanding the language… Sounds like management isn’t managing.

[quote=410952:@Sam Rowlands]Huh! It works here; on 10.11.6, I guess it got broke at some point :frowning: Sorry about that. As I told you to buy that copy, I can reimburse you if you’d like.

Add it to my list of shit to look at; I’ll have to double check it on Mojave, incase that function got replaced or it’s simply broken and needs me to file yet another bug report with Apple.[/quote]

No no, no need for refund. :slight_smile:
Maybe it works with the ‘old’ macOS versions :wink: I only test on macOS 10.13 and 10.14

I feel you are (again) frustrated. No pun intended.

Selling software is how I feed my family, anyone who makes that process or development of software more frustrating IS going to piss me off. I am a glutton for punishment as I always embark on complicated projects, that take me a long time. I also like to try to build products to the best of my abilities, and that fruit company spank me regularly with their complications.

I have to try to not let it piss me off, I have an escape plan and I am proceeding with it. It’s just going to take me a while to get myself completely untangled from Apple’s APIs.

I just tested it on 10.14.1 and it moves the file to the trash, but “Put Back” is not enabled. I’ve filed yet another bug report with Apple. If anyone else has trouble with this code I wrote for that article, please let me know.

Don’t bother adding a bug ticket. There are already several. It is a known issue/feature. :slight_smile:

Too late; that sucks. I guess they don’t need that on iOS, so why should macOS need it?

In the meantime I have some more details about using scripts when your app is notarised.

Calling the Finder to do things with files (delete, move, rename, …) are a no go for sure. You will need to avoid this.

But for example using a script for calling iTunes, putting the system to sleep, quitting the system, all did work as expected.

This one actually makes some sense (although I am sorry, it looks like you have to use broken API from now on, make sure you send Tim Cook a nice thank you letter). In the App Store, while you can technically create a Sandboxed application that can control Finder, System Events and Terminal, it’s instant denial. Now they’ve just taken that secondary rule and made it so that no application can control Finder, and I’m guessing probably System Events, Terminal and anything else that they deem you shouldn’t be controlling.