Problems connecting to pgSQL in XojoCloud with pgAdmin or TOAD

Hey folks,
I am new to Xojo and XojoCloud, so I’m spending some time on a play-around project to get my Xojo-legs. It’s a pretty basic web app, and I’m really liking the “deploy to XojoCloud” feature. It works great. Everything is coming along well, save one. I can’t seem to connect via SSH either on the command line or as part of a pgSQL GUI management tool like pgAdmin or TOAD. TOAD churns away for several minutes before failing, and pgAdmin fails instantly. Command line looks like it’s connecting, but it, too, fails after a few minutes. The only error that I am getting is “server terminated the connection.” I’m not getting any feedback to guide my troubleshooting!

I went to the documentation and could find nothing that I was doing wrong or that I had omitted. I then reviewed the webinar that Paul put out on connecting to databases in XojoCloud. I followed it exactly…same error. Hopefully you folks have some ideas of how to remedy this situation.

Thanks!

I figured I’d head off the obvious replies, too!
I have enabled tunnel, pgSQL, and SFTP in Xojo control panel.
I have double and triple checked my usernames/passwords, and made sure I am using the right data in the right fields as demonstrated by Paul in the webinar.
I have no software or hardware that is hindering the connection to the server.

Thanks again!

Hi Bill - I will take a look and try to connect from here.

[quote=293014:@Bill Kapeles]I figured I’d head off the obvious replies, too!
I have enabled tunnel, pgSQL, and SFTP in Xojo control panel.
I have double and triple checked my usernames/passwords, and made sure I am using the right data in the right fields as demonstrated by Paul in the webinar.
I have no software or hardware that is hindering the connection to the server.

Thanks again![/quote]
Keep in mind that the tunnel for Postgres is not the same one that you use for sftp.

Are you able to upload with sftp?

I heard back from support - evidently there was a problem with a server update they applied and that was causing the problem…so I actually did everything correctly…will have to print this and show my wife! Kudos to support for rapidly handling this problem. Thank you.