Problem with xojo scripting starttokenizer

I am having issues learning scripting. I have looked at many examples, but reformatting seems to be the hangup. I have some general questions based on my experience so far. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Here are my questions:

1. From my experience with working scripts and mine I have come to the conclusion some commands must be specifically coded fro a particular script name. I cannot get the following commands to compile except under the script name, ReformatCode.xojo_script. (StartTokenizer, Line(i), NextToken, LineCount) Is this correct?
  2. Do I have to always use the Reform_Code script name for my scripts to work, or is only the above mentioned commands?
  3. Is there any more documentation anywhere I can read on xojo scripts? I think I have found them all. The documentation for scripting language does not mention anywhere the above mentioned commands.

I am just trying to learn how to use this unique tool and I am finding it as hard as learning xojo itself. Help.

I don’t use XojoScript… but are you sure those commands are not methods that are defined in that script?
You can only use commands native to XojoScript in a new script (or those that you define yourself within the script)

Yes, I am fairly certain that these words were not defined in the existing script. I searched for them and could find where they were used and not defined.

[quote=412922:@Paul Abell]I am having issues learning scripting. I have looked at many examples, but reformatting seems to be the hangup. I have some general questions based on my experience so far. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Here are my questions:

1. From my experience with working scripts and mine I have come to the conclusion some commands must be specifically coded fro a particular script name. I cannot get the following commands to compile except under the script name, ReformatCode.xojo_script. (StartTokenizer, Line(i), NextToken, LineCount) Is this correct?
  2. Do I have to always use the Reform_Code script name for my scripts to work, or is only the above mentioned commands?
  3. Is there any more documentation anywhere I can read on xojo scripts? I think I have found them all. The documentation for scripting language does not mention anywhere the above mentioned commands.

I am just trying to learn how to use this unique tool and I am finding it as hard as learning xojo itself. Help.[/quote]

1. Yes 2. Yes 3. This may help:

http://documentation.xojo.com/topics/code_management/custom_code_reformatting.html

You might be getting confused between IDE scripting (which is what ReformatCode.xojo_script is all about) and using XojoScript in your application code.

Thank you! I suspected as much, but was too new to be sure.

Even then the reformat code script is special and runs in its own very limited context that is narrowly targeted and does not have access to all the same script commands that a generic IDE script does. But then a generic IDE script doesn’t have access to the things that code formatting does.