Problem with Styles on Linux

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone could give me guidance here. I has posted about this problem asking about linux compatibility on versions here: linux distribution version xojo compatibility to which I referred to another discussion about compatibility. People mentioned various distributions and there was a link to a blog post.

I’m still having the trouble I demonstrated in the pictures trying to insert styles into a project - I don’t get the dropdown, but I can click where the dropdown should be and get the menu - once adding styles, it doesn’t populate the list correctly (see the pictures in the post)

I’ve tried:

Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon 64bit (with ialibs installed)
Linux Mint 16 XFCE 64 bit (with ialibs installed)
SolydX 32 bit
Ubuntu 13.x 64 bit (with ialibs installed)

I can’t get that menu to show up correctly. I experience the same thing on multiple hardware platforms including:
Desktop i5 w/ NVidia GTX670 w/ proprietary drivers
laptop core2duo w/ intel onboard graphics
Virtualbox

Always with the same result. I find it hard to believe I’m the only one seeing this unless I somehow don’t have a library installed…

Any tips would be appreciated :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that I can’t help you directly as I’m not currently working on a web application as of right now.

I’d suggest trying this on a brand new web application. If you are still seeing this behavior, then attach it to a feedback report and post it back here. We can join the feedback to help bump up it’s priority.

I just tried Xojo 2013r2 (my last licensed version) and there it works fine in Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon 64 bit. It seems to me that this is a bug in release 2014r1 and maybe already present in 2013r3 and 2013r4.
I think you should file a feedback report for this bug.

You may want to wait for 2014r1.1. The issue may be resolved in that release.

2014r1 is already out and what I’m using so the bug wasn’t fixed in that one…

@Tony Harris I believe Kevin was referring to the yet to be relased 2014r1.1. That release is not yet avaible publicly. It is (I believe - I do not work for Xojo) primarily a bug-fix/clenup release.

Cleanup even :slight_smile:

Exactly Norm.

oops, yeah, didn’t even notice the subversion there :slight_smile: Sorry about that,.
I also need to talk to support to see why my account shows not verified since I have a licensed version…

[quote=79478:@Tony Harris]oops, yeah, didn’t even notice the subversion there :slight_smile: Sorry about that,.
I also need to talk to support to see why my account shows not verified since I have a licensed version…[/quote]
How’d you acquire your license ?
Having a license is not all thats required

I bought the license with my credit card via the XoJo website :slight_smile: It’s not that I’m mad or anything, just more confused per the post concerning user verification didn’t state anything more was required beyond purchase…

ps - I deleted me other post 'cause I was trying to edit it on my iPad and accidentally hit the “accepted as answer” button and couldn’t get it to clear…

Disregard removing of “answer” - found how to handle it this morning now that I’m on my laptop and not reading from my tablet :slight_smile:

[quote=79485:@Tony Harris]I bought the license with my credit card via the XoJo website :slight_smile: It’s not that I’m mad or anything, just more confused per the post concerning user verification didn’t state anything more was required beyond purchase…
[/quote]
Hmmm thats peculiar
Contact Customer Service and they can clear that issue up

Woot woot, 2014r1.1 fixed the styles problem for Linux!! Customer support was also able to take care of my other issue on the forums.