I’m on a Mac running Catalina and the latest version of Xojo.
I’m rewriting an app and at the same time changing it to API2, although I don’t know if that’s significant for this problem.
My main window is resizable and has a number of listbox, 2 of which I have implemented the doubleClick event. In both of those I use RowFromXY and ColumnFromXY to identify the cell double clicked. Both return -1 for the row and column.
I still have the source for the original API1 version of the program and it still works, even if recompiled.
After trying various things, checking the documentation and so on I turned off resizing for the window and it worked properly.
I turned that back on and adjusted the maximum resize options on the window to make it match the API1 version and that sorted one of the listboxes but not the other.
I’ve got round the still failing listbox by getting the row and column in the CellClick event, but this doesn’t seem right.
I haven’t tried to create a small project that recreates the issue, not yet anyway. I’m not convinced I will be able to. As I said in my original post, restricting the amount of resizing partially cured it, and turning off resizing cured it completely, both of which seems bizarre. Anyway, using the MouseDown event got me round the problem.