Printing Reports

i have two reports the are the same only two names one is RepOut and the others is RepIn.

But one print perfect and the other one print bat in the same printer

Way

My Printer is Star TSP100
Reports are coming out blurry me
TextFont Courier New and size 10 textunit Point

Help

I’ve just started investigating Xojo Reports & found that if I make everything 4 x the size in the report editor, then set the printer to 300DPI it is ok.

The problem appears to be that the report editor is showing 72dpi which when printed is pretty crap. Setting the printer to 300DPI makes a sharp, but small printed report.

Perhaps there’s a better way?

I do not understand

i have 2 reports that is the same but different Labels and one print Perfect and the Other print Bad

Way ???

Hi Alexis,

It looks like there are two standard fonts for your printer: Font A 42, and Font B 64. This is a test, and possibly try the standard fonts, such as 1. Helvitica, 2. Times roman, and 3. Courier, When there are specialized fonts, the computer has a difficult time converting them, and the printed version is blurry.

I haven’t heard of the two fonts on your computer before (doesn’t mean they don’t exist, I am just unfamiliar with them). The 3 standardized fonts have the ability to be resized and tend not to blur. Give these a try and if they don’t work try some fonts which are common on your computers.

Hope this helps,

Eugene

I think it is not receiving the SetupString command

i trait the fonts and the same

As far as I know, Xojo reports prints just bitmaps, so having fonts on the printer side does not matter.

I come from vb and i spend all my small savings on Rs and Xojo to now to even be able to give my little application because of the Reports.

I’m standing on my application to delivery.

any recommendation before returning to vb.net

I’m not an expert in English so forgive me if I am writing no to good

Yes. But Xojo did not implement it yet. Your instructions for generating a page (Label here, line there, data here, etc) should be buffered/stored while drawing the configured page in a resolution independent metalanguage (to be rendered later as a proper bitmap). Something like (I am inventing one here): [Start Page white 210x297mm; Color Black; At Pos 30mm, 16.54mm; Set Font Arial, size 18pt; Print “Hello” ; At Pos 55mm, 45mm; Circle ray 10.2mm; End Page].

Only when sending the page to the printer (Render time) the system creates a blank bitmap with the proper resolution it KNOWS from the system (or you overridden in a exotic case of the system not being able to know) for the target printer/device, draws it’s contents clipping if necessary (Your metadata could be done for a A4 size (210mm large portrait) page but your target mini printer prints just 72mm large in 203dpi(8ppmm). After sending the bitmap at the proper resolution to the printer/device, the bitmap is disposed and memory recovered.

You will have only one large bitmap active at print time (being rendered, presented and disposed after).

When printing for a file, your multi-page metafile is probably much smaller than a bitmapped version.

Optionally, your report engine can have options for reading back and rendering/outputting for other devices stored printed pages.

If possible, or in a future release, this metalanguage should be compatible subset of the PDF specification.

I’m sorry for my post

But i dot now what to do

it took four days with this problem

took four months in programing this app and i like RS and Xojo then VB.

if i use valentina Reports it the same problem or no

I don’t have a recommendation for your case. You should try Wayne’s workaround.

Are you setting your page width to 80mm ?

no

3.0 inches

http://support.vendhq.com/entries/20802848-Configure-the-default-print-size-with-a-Star-TSP-100

They say here 72mm.

Try a test using this. Then make another test with width 216 (3x) to check the behavior Waine has told.

Errata: Wayne

same no change

[quote=24148:@Wayne Golding]I’ve just started investigating Xojo Reports & found that if I make everything 4 x the size in the report editor, then set the printer to 300DPI it is ok.

The problem appears to be that the report editor is showing 72dpi which when printed is pretty crap. Setting the printer to 300DPI makes a sharp, but small printed report.

Perhaps there’s a better way?[/quote]
It’s all done using object 2d so in the IDE it does show as 72 DPI or whatever but when you print it should already scale to fit the DPI of the printer

No bitmaps except for items where we have no choice - images tend to be that way

I can not believe that at this point Rs or Xojo has no good Report

application with out reports how you can sales you app with no output