Printing - left margin

On a side note - simply adding 50 to the first argument of drawblock resolves the cut off - but that is sloppy and doesnt get to the heart of why 0 is not the true left margin.

Well… hate to tell you this…
I just ran you program on my iMac with an Epson CX6000 printer
printed it directly to the printer and made a PDF also

and it came out just fine

I emailed the PDF back to you

… Well I guess on the one hand my code isn’t jacked up… maybe its the printer? I tried this on 3 computers now but only on one printer.

The only thing I would suggest it to beef up the calculations to do two things

1. calculculate the DRAWBLOCK parameters based on the printer (what if the user has paper other than 8.5 x 11)… I doubt you will have many non-American customers based on the subject matter… but they may use legal paper. So I would “center” you print left to right (and this would/should solve the margin issue automatically)

2. Allow the user to print using higher resolution (72dpi is a fall back default)… but is the worst print quality by far. This too would require more calculation to scale the font size etc…

But I think in the long run… putting that extra attention and time will pay off (retirement pun)

What model printer are you using???

I like the pun Dave. Thanks! Yeah, this program is being developed for internal use only so no real need for too much flexability - although its always best to have that available by default. Anyway… thanks I’ll keep at this and try your suggestions and see if I can make some improvements.