Print to PDF, then offer download

To see if I can start work on a new project, I need to make sure this is at all possible :

My app will “print” on the server to a PDF file, then offer the user to download it so he can print on his local printer with all the precision required.
I am thinking about printing to a picture, then save it to disk, and afterwards use Gimp or another Linux utility installed on the same server as the app to convert that to PDF prior to offer the download.

Has anybody already done such a thing ? Is the conversion process OK and would you use another utility ? Do you think I am on the right track ?

TIA

I would suggest to use our excellent DynaPDF plugin. Started edition is good enough to create a PDF on server with images, vector graphics and embedded fonts.

DynaPDF Starter is what I’ve been using and it works great for web and desktop.

I will check that out. Thank you.

On your web site, you mention DynaPDF to work for Mac, Windows and Linux, but not Web. Johnny Harris mentions it works fine with Web (which is Linux anyway). Maybe you should add that to your page.

of course it works for web.

and what’s missing on a sentence like this:
Works with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux for Desktop, Console and Web.

or otherwise can you email me where you found the other info?

I use DynaPDF on a web app (linux server) providing my users the ability to generate pdf reports and then download them. Works great.

[quote=106956:@Christian Schmitz]and what’s missing on a sentence like this:
Works with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux for Desktop, Console and Web.

or otherwise can you email me where you found the other info?
[/quote]

On http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/plugin-pdf.shtml, top of the page :

Thanks Mark.

Okay. But still I think web is just a an app type while Mac, Win and Linux are platforms. So if plugin runs on Mac, it should often also run on a web app on a Mac.

Why, then is it that for Xojo it is a separate license, and for all intents and purposes an entirely different environment ?

Don’t worry, I am not asking you to change anything. Whatever. Your site, your logic.

But when a web visitor does not find what he wants in less than 2 seconds, instead of telling you, he simply clicks out of the site…