print report to screen

Ok,

I am trying to print a report generated from a mysql database to the screen. I have looked in the documentation, and it seems possible (see page 145 of the user guide, frameworrk pdf).

Now, this is were I think there is a shortcoming in the documentation… it references mReportDocument, and there is a property of RBReportDocument, but despite searching the entire guide, I see no reference on either of them in the documentation as to how to set them up, or how to access them???

SO, I need some help on how to complete the example that is referenced on page 145…

mReportDocument:
Page 145,
Page 148,
Page 149.

RBReportDocument is at page 148. Also, the description is there:
http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/RBReportDocument

A simple search in the PDF leads me that (but I do not read the pages).

[quote=50085:@Gary Vassalotti]
I am trying to print a report generated from a mysql database to the screen. I have looked in the documentation, and it seems possible (see page 145 of the user guide, frameworrk pdf).
[/quo]te
Lift the code thats in the Example under Printing & Reporting > Gas report
it has a simple report viewer already in it

Thanks Guys… and I guess the adobe search feature is not as good as it sounds …

Ok, I tried to copy the viewer from the example to my code…

But, I found something interesting… it never hampered me before, but does now… I am running Linux Mageia 64 bit with Xojo 2013 r3.3. When I load the gas example, click on the report viewer, then in the Inspector box, click on the super box’s little pencil, Xojo crashes and quites.

I do NOT have a reportviewer control in the viewers section of the library, and can not enter the ‘super class’ selector to see what type of viewer is used in the gas report example…

Does anyone else have this weird behavior? It also happens when I have window form opened and try to click on the super box’s pencil.