PowerPC Error when starting Xojo

Hello,

I am getting an PowerPC warming, that prevents me from launching Xojo release 2017 1.1

Am using a MacPro early 2009, with OSX 10.11.6.

What to do?

/Jan

Download it again.
Maybe app is broken.

I have downloaded it twice, first via the update function in the program, and secondly as a clean install.

/Jan

It sounds like something in your OS or its configuration is confused. Try rebooting if you have not already and then try logging into a different user account to see if Xojo launches from there.

Bonus points for a screenshot of the PowerPC warning next to your About This Mac window!
(this doesn’t help at all but it’d be amusing)

Actually, there was a bug in OS X 10.11 that caused this symptom. I remember several big apps failing at the time. The solution is to move the Xojo folder out of your Applications folder, and to your Desktop.

Hope that helps you.

[quote=328095:@Gavin Smith]Actually, there was a bug in OS X 10.11 that caused this symptom. I remember several big apps failing at the time. The solution is to move the Xojo folder out of your Applications folder, and to your Desktop.

Hope that helps you.[/quote]
Yup, what a shiner of a bug that was! I think someone at Apple did it as a practical joke, lets make customers think that 3rd Party apps are too old to be used with the almighty macOS. That fact that is still happens is a bit shocking IMHO.

Had the same thing this morning.

Maybe it’s resurfaced with that latest 10.12.4 update? There’s a bunch of different ways to detect what architecture an application supports, my guess is that Spotlight is using a inaccurate crappy one, then storing the value.

Which macOS version are you running?

Amazing, I didn’t know Xojo ran on PowerPc still… How does the IDE perform on it? It’s been a long time since I had a G4 Graphite Tower

Current versions do not
Its been intel only for some time now

I got it too !

1,78MB ? Whaooooo…

I re-download it, will try reboot later.

Nota: it have a “Do not use white icon" above its own app icon.
Nota:
Sorry: the Finder adds a “Do not use white icon" above the Xojo app icon. A Get Infi, Icon select, cmd-c / show Clipboard display the standard Xojo application icon.

Edit: moving the Xojo folder does not hides the special icon, but a double click… shows me the license agreement, … and display the standard project selector, then a 700 pixels tall IDE window (or a bit less…) while this project fills the whole screen (2100 pixels tall).

I wanted to check if something that looked like a bug in 2015r1 was still in 2017r1.1: no, it was removed.

I had the bad idea to create a Note using a Method name (in a window); I use that as a Method previous state saver.
A Search returned lines in the Note, a click in that line leaded me to the Method (not the Note).

So, no bug there / I will modify this Note name.