Post programming job

Hi,
I’m posting in off topic… I need to post a job I need to hire someone to do. For some reason I thought there was a place to post it… perhaps someone can tell me where that is or whether I just post it into off topic. Yes its work using Xojo.

-Tim

Look here:
http://xojo.com/support/consultants.php

LOL when I read the topic title… I thought … what kind of job does someone have/need for AFTER the programming is done

Hehe – yesterday I read about compiler warmings and started to wonder what makes the compiler heat up :smiley:

Your hot code and my hot code, of course! :wink:

Well, if it wasn’t done correctly in the first place… :wink:

I once had to take over a job redesigning a system that someone else had programmed in Filemaker, which they used as a benchmark against our redesign. Each time we had something which should have worked properly based on their input (they weren’t very good at describing how their model needed to work), they would run it through their ‘benchmark’ test, and it would fail at X steps after the previous fixes. After a long day brainstorming with our tech guys and their tech-iest consultant, we finally were able to determine the correct way to model their system, and were able to prove to them that their original ‘benchmark’ system was flawed.

So, the job basically boiled down to ‘We hired someone to build a system to do what we need. Now we need someone to make it do the job accurately.’

Dave, Most typical job after the programming is done… “TESTING”. But yes the title was really about “WHERE to post a programming job”…

Mark, you are right, it really wasn’t done right to begin with. I programmed this whole system never having used RealBasic before… used TurboReport which is not really supported and can’t get it to do what I want. So was looking for someone to either try to fix it (a new pair of eyes) or program the 10 page report from scratch without TurboReport. Either way I don’t have time to work on it until August and it is badly in need of being fixed.

[quote=196226:@Tim Turner]Dave, Most typical job after the programming is done… “TESTING”. But yes the title was really about “WHERE to post a programming job”…

Mark, you are right, it really wasn’t done right to begin with. I programmed this whole system never having used RealBasic before… used TurboReport which is not really supported and can’t get it to do what I want. So was looking for someone to either try to fix it (a new pair of eyes) or program the 10 page report from scratch without TurboReport. Either way I don’t have time to work on it until August and it is badly in need of being fixed.[/quote]

No shame in this. I have a project that has been rewritten from the ground up about four times since I started using RB/Xojo. I am always learning something new and cringe at what I wrote before.

Yap, commonly called refactoring…

[quote=196226:@Tim Turner]Dave, Most typical job after the programming is done… “TESTING”. But yes the title was really about “WHERE to post a programming job”…

Mark, you are right, it really wasn’t done right to begin with. I programmed this whole system never having used RealBasic before… used TurboReport which is not really supported and can’t get it to do what I want. So was looking for someone to either try to fix it (a new pair of eyes) or program the 10 page report from scratch without TurboReport. Either way I don’t have time to work on it until August and it is badly in need of being fixed.[/quote]

You may want to change the title of this thread to something like “Hiring help to refactor code”. You can change the title of a thread that you started by simply clicking into it.

You should check http://www.xojo.com/support/consultants.php ; Xojo will then forward your proposal to people who can do the job.

You can try my sbPrinter set of classes.

These classes allow you to print like an spreadsheet.

Have a look at the project, download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10747116/RealStudioClasses/sbPrinter.zip

Simon.