Possible Web Project, still safe and reliable or not?

Greetings,

Due to some reasons i might need to start a web project for a small CRM and i wanted to know if the web side of XOJO is mature enough and can be used to create the web project or not ?

Heavy users side, any feedback ? i will have max 30 users on the CRM .

I should be able to handle files, which means i supposed to be able to upload, download files, and most important preview documents, most of them in 70 % of the case are PDF and rest are other like word or excel, which eventually will be migrated to digital format so Data in DB, and some most probably PNG files.

On what extent this can be achieved in the current version of XOJO ? are there any examples for PDF Preview of documents other than created by xojo ? and for the pngs, i assume that for Word and other extensions i will need to ask the user to download it if needed and re-upload it if need to update it.

Login part, i will need to comply with some rules like 2fa and some login limits like 1 hour lock after inactivity, is there any way to handle this safely ? i assume that all the code is used in Session side and for session keeping i could use cookies .

Most important, Users start to do something on the page and they don’t save, what would be the best way to safely store this and bring it back to the user for validation. In some cases they need either a confirmation or some changes or approvals.
Being a CRM with multi users i would need if the record is edited by 1 user maybe to keep it for a certain period in read only then if the time exceeds to release the record and allow editing.

What would be the best practice here.

Are there any available crypto libraries on Web ? i would need for some documents to be able to encrypt them and decrypt them only for certain users.

Thanks in advance .

1 Like

Hi,
Based on what you described… it is doable without a problem, including the concurrent users.
Many of the requirements you wrote have more to do with the way the database (except sqlite) and the app logic are built. Xojo will not limit you in any way.

On what extent this can be achieved in the current version of XOJO ? are there any examples for PDF Preview of documents other than created by xojo ? and for the pngs, i assume that for Word and other extensions i will need to ask the user to download it if needed and re-upload it if need to update it.

For example, for pdf preview, I assume the users have a modern OS so by using a htmlviewer and loading the pdf that needs to be previewed in that control, will solve your question :slight_smile:

Login part, i will need to comply with some rules like 2fa and some login limits like 1 hour lock after inactivity, is there any way to handle this safely ? i assume that all the code is used in Session side and for session keeping i could use cookies .

Cookies work (if you don’t expect outside access or in-house bad actors), or else, you might need to make use of the database and keep a log with valid logins

Most important, Users start to do something on the page and they don’t save, what would be the best way to safely store this and bring it back to the user for validation. In some cases they need either a confirmation or some changes or approvals.

Check WebSession — Xojo documentation , and save the data in temporary cookie… or in the database :slight_smile:

Being a CRM with multi users i would need if the record is edited by 1 user maybe to keep it for a certain period in read only then if the time exceeds to release the record and allow editing.

That shouldn’t be your problem. The database should handle that, but if you want, you can ofc add extra locks and checks.

Are there any available crypto libraries on Web ? i would need for some documents to be able to encrypt them and decrypt them only for certain users.

Xojo has support built-in.

Well , one extra requirement and so little details about it.

How do you play with the bootstrap min ? for example in my case i got a template, and i got both , bootstrapmin and bootstraprtlmin, which makes RTL but in my case how do i load one or another ?

thanks

Xojo uses bootstrap.min.css, make sure that you use a 5.3 bootstrap version, you just add/drop it to your project.

i know that, just i mentioned that i have 2, one for normal and one for RTL text so, how should i handle RTL the easiest way ? usually you have a css dedicated for this , in our case the rtl one , i need once i switch the language to be able to benefit from that not to use just bootstrap.min.css and then waste time to redo all the settings for that specific language when i have a bootstrap.rtl.min.css dedicated for that .

So the question is, Can we use both and switch them on Language switch ? or not ?

I don’t see how Xojo can handle 2 bootstrap themes right now and switch between them.
You can create an Issue and ask for this feature if you want.

Edit: you may add this link to your Issue RTL · Bootstrap v5.3