Point of Private Feedback Cases?

I’m just curious, what’s the purpose of submitting private feedback cases? How can we corroborate bugs and such if they can’t be found by searching?

-Steve

Sometimes a feedback case requires proprietary case to demonstrate. That’s the point.

Thats really the only reason anyone should be submitting bugs reports as private

Otherwise we end up with lots and I do mean LOTS of duplicates
The dashboard shows the results of us going through bug reports & merging obvious duplicates (from nearly 7000 reports down to 5900)
And those are just ones that had exact duplicate summaries - I’m sure there are lots that were not auto generated that could be merged

[quote=28698:@Norman Palardy]Thats really the only reason anyone should be submitting bugs reports as private

Otherwise we end up with lots and I do mean LOTS of duplicates
[/quote]

And that’s exactly why I was asking. I’m relatively new to Xojo, and I got a response to a UI bug that I submitted saying that it’s a duplicate of a private bug. The bug was simply that a hot key didn’t work in the IDE, and I couldn’t understand why that would be private. I could have just added my voice to the report if it was publicly searchable.

-Steve

I saw that and advised our folks that the original should NOT be private and to merge your report with that one