Plugins and Visual Studio 2019?

I am trying to build plugins using Visual Studio 2019. If I create the DLL “Complete Module” from the examples (64 bit as told by Eugene Dakin) and copy it into the Plugin-Folder and try to compile the example I get the error:

Common\Plugin.cpp:990
Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypointName, out)
can’t find Plugin method TestModule.PlayWithMoose() as String

I have no idea what’s wrong with it.

@Eugene Dakin I am wistful waiting that the new edition of your book about plugins comes.

Hi Jens,

Maybe try the example plugin in the C:\Program Files\Xojo\Xojo 2019r1.1\Extras\PluginsSDK\Examples\Complete Module\ directory, and see if this will work for you. I compiled the code, and wasn’t able to make it wok at the moment. It appears that some of the code was updated in 4 June 2018.

The new edition of the plugin book is paused for the moment. I am waiting to see how any changes might affect previous code.

Hello,

I have tried the example plugin in the C:\Program Files\Xojo\Xojo 2019r1.1\Extras\PluginsSDK\Examples\Complete Module\ directory, but without success.

Now I have signed in the Visual Studio Dev Essentials program so that I can download the old Visual Studio 2015. There I will begin to try to find a solution.

When you opened in VS 2019 did you retarget the solution to the new SDK’s ?
I wonder if that affects things

If I open \Xojo 2019r1.1\Extras\PluginsSDK\Examples\CompleteClass in Visual Studio I can see that the solution wants the target 8.1 and the tools v.140 (Visual Studio 2015). I can use Visual Studio 2015 with these settings and everything is ok. Same with Visual Studio 2019. And in Visual Studio 2019 I can change the settings to new newest (10.0.18362) and tools v.142 (Visual Studio 2019) and everything is also ok.

The problem seems to be my own stupidity: I have installed a new anti-Virus program that seems to have blocked the dll.

Thank you very much for your help.