Plugin compatibility

I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

I am trying to update a Xojo web app (1.0) that uses CubeSQL. Newer versions of the plug-in do not appear to work with the host OS.

Failed to load plugin CubeSQLPlugin.so:
/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by <path>/libs//CubeSQLPlugin.so)

However because I’m running Catalina, I am unable to run the version of Xojo that I used to build the app with originally (2015r1).

Trying to find a version in the middle and I have 2017r3, but that refuses to load the CubeSQLPlugin (from before).

09:25:04.186 Df  **Xojo** [31452:102233] (XojoFramework) [XOJO] Unable to load plugin CubeSQLPlugin.xojo_plugin
09:25:04.187 Df  **Xojo** [31452:102233] (XojoFramework) RBLibrary.CheckForPluginChanges 4 - needsToRecompile = true

Any suggestions?

That looks like maybe the plugin is 32 bit and you’re compiling for 64-bit? It may also be an issue of using a 32-bit only plugin in a 64-bit IDE.

Gotchya, the plugin and app are 32-Bit.

Is there a trick I can use to persuade the IDE to load the older (32-Bit only) plugin?

I managed to get around it by using my older MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14 and Xojo 2015r1.

If there’s a way to use a newer version of Xojo with this plugin, I’d love to know how.

Thanks for giving me the hint it had to do with the IDE being 64-Bit and a 32-Bit only plugin.

You can use [MBS Xojo SQL Plugin](https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/plugin-sql.shtml) as we now support CubeSQL, too.

I already have a newer version of the plugin, but it appears to be incompatible with the host OS.

Which is why I have to use an older version of the plugin,
which requires an older version of Xojo,
which requires an older version of the macOS,
which requires use of an entirely different mac…

Oh man…

Wouldn’t it just be easier to use a VM?

1 Like

i got a new cubesql plugin from Marco this morning that cater for API 2. Is that what you are referring to???