Placing controls inside a rectangle control

Hi,
I have a form with multiple fields, labels and other controls. If I wanted to visually separate these controls from other controls into separate sections, I understand I can place controls inside a Rectangle control, such that when I move the rectangle, all controls move with it.

Is there a quick way to move a group of controls into a Rectangle. The way I have been doing this is to select all controls and dragging them into the rectangle. But wasn’t sure if there was a way to draw rectangle around the controls and have them automatically embed themselves or something similar?

Try putting the controls in a container the same size as the rectangle then position the container with the same coordinates as the rectangle. Also make sure to pay attention to the “behavior” settings.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.39.47 AM

I don’t think there is a way to do this automatically, the only other way I can think of is:

• drag the WebRectangle around the controls you want to embed in the rectangle
  • select all the controls (you may need to start outside the rectangle selecting it too)
  • if you selected the rectangle, just unselect the rectangle keeping all other controls selected
  • press any arrow key on your keyboard

moving the controls a pixel will make the rectangle the parent of all selected controls.

2 Likes