PayPal integration language

No sir, it is I who doesn’t understand. I tried to cut and paste your snippet into the paypal sandbox only to find out that it wouldn’t work. The conversation that followed led me to think that that the Xojo WE does not support HTTP 1.1. Maybe I should read the words in the post next time. OK, now that I have given myself a good ■■■ kicking for not reading answers to questions I post, I need to ask how I pass variables to a HTML script? “RTFM stupid” is not an acceptable response.

If you have Monkeybread plugins you can do a lot of those calls with Curl or use the shell class.

In regards to IPN notifying you its probably better to use the php code anyway.

Simple : paste this into any browser, and it will take the user to a charge page for 100 Australian Dollars of Widgets collected by myaddress@mybusiness.com :

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=myaddress@mybusiness.com&item_name=Widgets&item_number=WDGT&amount=100.00&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&Currency_code=AUD&custom=CustomVariable

Replace whatever variables in the URL by your own and you can create all the charges you want. Then ShowURL that or use it into an HTMLViewer.

No need for anything else. Neither sandbox nor HTTP 1.1.

Thanks Michel et al. I am still applauding and bewildered as to how simple the whole process is. The half billion pages Paypal has on its site indicating how to integrate never really cuts to the chase and shows what you did in one simple post. Damn shame that Stripe can’t follow with a simple html address and instruction. Thanks all.

I am trying to change a HTMLviewer URL property to the following code when a button is clicked;

[code]

cart [/code] I am having no luck with a score of bugs appearing. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Paypal simply does not allow displaying it’s page into an iframe, which is the Web Edition HTMLViewer. Use ShowURL instead so the Paypal charge page displays in the default browser. Problem is, this will quit your web app. You could use some JavaScript to pop a new window, but that may be blocked by popup blockers.

New window :

ExecuteJavaScript("window.open(""http://www.w3schools.com"");")

PayPal Integration Classes

Open source… Tear it apart, alter it, any public updates are welcome :slight_smile:

[quote=157315:@Matthew Combatti]

PayPal Integration Classes

Open source… Tear it apart, alter it, any public updates are welcome :-)[/quote]

Long time no see. Any news about the Stripe package for Web edition ?

I’ve been busy in the energy engineering sector finalizing a project for the last 3 months :-/ I should be back in full development mode in the next 2 weeks. I’ll take a look at it tonight since I have some free time. Should be able to eliminate Node.JS as web edition is now HTTP 1.1 ready…and use sockets instead; removing any Node issues that previously arose for some developers. I’m also thinking to move it to an open source license as with PayPal’s classes. All the API classes will be migrating to open source licenses since each API changes drastically when changes do occur (ie Facebook just changed to their ‘own flavor’ of OAUTH). OAUTH is great, except each implementation of it varies so that no ‘one OAUTH class’ could handle every service (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Picasa, Instagram, etc.)…I made a sticky note to keep you posted Michel. I’m still here.