Payment service supporting sales tax

Any recommendations for a payment service that “automatically” adds sales tax or VAT and deals with paying those taxes to the relevant authority?

FastSpring! I switched to them after an issue with Paddle. FS will add the appropriate taxes to the order and acts as Merchant of Record so that you don’t have to collect personal information. Their support is available by email and you get actual responses.

I have really come to like FastSpring. I’ve even made an end-to-end Xojo DRM that is easy to configure FastSpring endpoints, as well as an unreleased desktop notifier.

I’m working on ways to make the DRM commercially available, but those seriously interested are very welcome to contact me by email for a demonstration, more information, and even to try it out.

Edit: Screenshots
End-to-End Xojo Code DRM Web Dashboard
Desktop Notification

+1 for Fastspring. Paddle et al are flashier but Fastspring works. Their support is outstanding.

What does the DRM do?

With the issue that occurred with Paddle, I would go so far as to recommend against their services.

It’s an online activation DRM system. The goal from the start was to have it completely written in Xojo code, no plugins, no declares. If you’ve ever used LimeLM it’s almost completely the same thing, but in Xojo code. The online end is a Xojo Web app with a control panel, and it generates a Xojo Desktop project with the Module/Namespace pre-configured for the product. I use it in ARGen!

We use FastSpring and also ShareIt/MyCommerce.

FastSpring sadly doesn’t do Euro well as all money is exchanged to usd and later back costing a few %.

+1 for Fastspring also.

I have used about any company but Paddle is miles ahead. I am now using them for 8 years and never ever got one issue.

[quote=495751:@Christian Schmitz]We use FastSpring and also ShareIt/MyCommerce.

FastSpring sadly doesn’t do Euro well as all money is exchanged to usd and later back costing a few %.[/quote]

Paddle is the only doing this the right way. If you are a developer in EU you just cannot go wrong with Paddle. With all others you mostly loose money with the USD>EUR conversion.

Last time I checked, Paddle didn’t have an option to force collection of Name, Company and postal address.
With just name and email, we are not happy.

It doesn’t really matter if we are happy or not. But for the taxes we need postal addresses in Germany. It would be a 7 day wonder if any other country in the EU had different rules.