Paste to TextArea?

I have a page of text in Word and would like to paste it into a TextArea control. Doesn’t seem to work. Can it be done?

Thanks.

Batteneye

You want to Copy a text from Word and Paste it in a TextArea ?

Do it that way ?

I do not know why it cannot be done…

OR define what you mean with: “Doesn’t seem to work”

Thanks for your interest. I can Copy from Word, but the Paste command in Xojo doesn’t function.

Batteneye

Works fine here on my Mac:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/992591/REALbasic/Forum/Word%20RTF.png

[quote=51980:@John Bates]Thanks for your interest. I can Copy from Word, but the Paste command in Xojo doesn’t function.

Batteneye[/quote]

You mean, at design time or at run time ?

I mean at design time. I’ve typed all the text into the TextArea control now, but I was puzzled as to why it wouldn’t let me Paste directly into the control. No big deal but, for future reference it would be good to know.

Just to be specific. The Paste command is greyed out.

Maybe a stupid question, but is the ReadOnly / LimitText / Multiline set correctly?

You cannot paste into the control itself. You can paste text that will appear at default only through the Initial State/Text feature of the TextArea. If you want to show styled text, you will have to figure a way, such as saving the content of the clipboard to a file, and load when your app starts.

If you want to paste default text into a Text Area at design time, you need to use the Text property. In the Inspector, find the Text property (in the Initial State group), click the Pencil icon to open the Text dialog and then paste your text there.

Thanks folks. I was using the right click of the mouse to try to access the Paste command as is my habit. That was greyed out. When I used the Paste command in the Edit menu it was OK.

Thanks to one and all for your help.